Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, im new to this forum and just wanted to say hi and get some help, i have a 2005 victory vegas 8 ball, i just ordered the handlebars that come on the high ball. my problem is it comes with everything except wire extensions, i did a search on the interweb and everything i found was for harleys, anyone know where i can get some wire extensions for my bike, thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
hello all, im new to this forum and just wanted to say hi and get some help, i have a 2005 victory vegas 8 ball, i just ordered the handlebars that come on the high ball. my problem is it comes with everything except wire extensions, i did a search on the interweb and everything i found was for harleys, anyone know where i can get some wire extensions for my bike, thanks
Victory sells the Highball handlebar kit.. it comes with the wires needed. I would check with the Witchdoctor for cables if you didn't go the factory route.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I was just at dealership and they were doing this to a bike...they didn't have to change the electrical to my knowledge.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know the 08 and newer models have a long enough wiring harness to do that but 07 and older you have to extend the wiring harness if you want to put ape hangers on the bike, at least that's what I have heard from a few different people

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
As far as I know the 08 and newer models have a long enough wiring harness to do that but 07 and older you have to extend the wiring harness if you want to put ape hangers on the bike, at least that's what I have heard from a few different people

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Come on over to my place in Beavercreek. We can extend those wires and do the install in my shop. I have done a few ape installs.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you being serious or just joking around because I have little experience with wiring and I want it to look professional

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Are you being serious or just joking around because I have little experience with wiring and I want it to look professional

I am serious and do very professional work. Stop by and you can take a look at my bike. I put apes on my 06 KP a while ago and have done a few since then.

It will take some time to drill your bars, but it can be done.

I will pm you my contact info.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
The bars have to be drilled?

Take a look at them. If they don't have a slotted hole in the bottom middle and don't have holes by the controls then yes, we will have to drill them if you want wires to run inside of them.

Bring the stuff over sometime or I can swing by your place. I just work a few miles south of you off of 68.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't mean to high jack your thread but I may get a answer here.

Have a 2014 Vegas 8 Ball and don't like the bars because even rolling them up or down, I still am putting weight on the bars. When I had a HD, I put ape on it and it seem to have more of a pull back where the grips are, very comfortable.

This is what I am looking at but not sure if all the wires and cables will have to be replaced. The dealer said a new set would cost about 500.00 + och!

Any thought.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/405-313

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Don't mean to high jack your thread but I may get a answer here.

Have a 2014 Vegas 8 Ball and don't like the bars because even rolling them up or down, I still am putting weight on the bars. When I had a HD, I put ape on it and it seem to have more of a pull back where the grips are, very comfortable.

This is what I am looking at but not sure if all the wires and cables will have to be replaced. The dealer said a new set would cost about 500.00 + och!

Any thought.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/405-313
That site doesn't tell, but visually, those bars look like are knurled for Harley risers (three and a half inches) and not Victory risers (four and seven eights inches), so keep that in mind when looking for handlebars.

The High-Ball/Hard-Ball mini apes would work for you as well as the Ness modular mini apes. ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
The bars have to be drilled?

Actually no .... its magic! just like when TInkerbell does side jobs! :crzy::D:D

Just joking dude! .... yes they have to be drilled to allow acces to the interior of bars so the wires can enter and exit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts