Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks great. I'm getting mine put on today. CAnt wait. cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks sick man, so I'm guessing you needed a wire extension kit? Also are they adjustable like the highballs are?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I did not need to cut and splice the wires I just pulled a little bit out of the headlight bezel, the only thing in the kit I could use was the brake line and clutch cable, luckily the throttle cables don't bind up when I turn either way. they are adjustable

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep I can verify that as me and the mechanic held each new cable up to the bike where the now short cables are. The brake cable is longer by inches. The clutch cable is longer also but since it feeds under the tank I cant say buy how much its longer. Now for the throttle cables, they are also longer by a few inches. Since mine is a hammer, the lengths might be just a little different. In my case since I gottem and am paying to have it installed, let'em change all of them. LOL cheers

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool ,I was just glad I was able to reuse my stock throttle cables ,the cables they sent would not have worked, different ends.

·
Registered
158 Posts
teelhauler
Cool ,I was just glad I was able to reuse my stock throttle cables ,the cables they sent would not have worked, different ends.
Do you mean the plastic tip that bend on one side? LOL If its that I asked the Mech the same thing this morning, I said "They sent the wrong throttle cables see" and he said " No that piece goes up inside, they are the right ones."

Maybe you mean something different?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No that's what I meant, but mine is a 05 victory Vegas and the throttle cables definitely would not have worked

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh, that does make it different. cheers

·
Registered
976 Posts
I love the Apes! :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got mine on. Heres so quick pics. Ill do better ones this weekend. Everybody says this is the way the Hammer was suppose to look. LOL:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Actually I did not need to cut and splice the wires I just pulled a little bit out of the headlight bezel, the only thing in the kit I could use was the brake line and clutch cable, luckily the throttle cables don't bind up when I turn either way. they are adjustable

When you are ready to run the wires in the bars, let me know. Sounds like a good winter project to me. :) I have of few of those stacking up already.

Too bad you didn't make it to JackAss Flats lastnight. I could have looked at your handy work first hand.

cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts