Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen on a few websites that sell the ape kit, they mention that the apes can be put into 2 different positions, upright, or back.
they don't mention exactly how upright, or exactly how far back.

so it that true? I was first under the impression that they could be rotated to any desired angle and tightened down.

anybody get different apes so that they could do this?
how is it that they only have 2 positions? anybody have pics of the joint unbolted?

I'm thinking that when I get an ape setup, it might have to be someone else's setup, with the victory cables and whatnot.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I've seen on a few websites that sell the ape kit, they mention that the apes can be put into 2 different positions, upright, or back.
they don't mention exactly how upright, or exactly how far back.

so it that true? I was first under the impression that they could be rotated to any desired angle and tightened down.

anybody get different apes so that they could do this?
how is it that they only have 2 positions? anybody have pics of the joint unbolted?

I'm thinking that when I get an ape setup, it might have to be someone else's setup, with the victory cables and whatnot.
Can be rotated at any angle. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
CrossRoads is right, the bars can be angled to any position. There is a small indexing mark on the handlebar that you can line up with the riser for the "recommended" angles.

It's the controls that can only be rotated to two positions. There is a tab on each control that fits in one of two holes in each side of the bar when the screws are tightened. One position is for when the bars are up and one for when it is down. This somewhat limits the infinite positions of the handlebar if you want to comfortably reach the controls, but there is still a wide range of adjustment.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on my vegas. I've been known to be creative, I'm sure I can rotate the controls to whatever.
thanks for the info, I knew something had to be up with that.
surely something to keep in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts