Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any experience with the Archoil products? Specifically the Friction Modifier and Fuel Treatment? One cool thing is the CEO answers my questions immediately (amazing...)

thanks for any feedback -

Victory Vision owner - KS.

·
Registered
611 Posts
None at all. Be careful with friction modifiers though, wet clutches don't tend to get along with them very well. They're great for bikes and cars that have separate transmission fluid but when they're combined like our bikes it's usually more trouble for the clutch than benefit for the engine.

·
13,027 Posts
never heard of it so I looked. Its not for bikes and more than likely is nothing more than snake oil.
If you used good oil you don't need any snake oil additives

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one very cool thing is, I wrote to their generic "contact us" link, and the CEO of the company (David Zevetchin) has been replying to me immediately. that is impressive. I guess it's small enough that he can still do that. He affirms that all is well with wet clutches, I specifically asked him. He included dyno and other results they did from testing, on an HD. I'm tempted to try the stuff simply due to his attentiveness.. I've seen plenty of products come and go over the years, almost all of which are crap.. so I agree it's healthy to be skeptical - nonetheless I'm going to try this stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
190 Posts
FWIW I'm also into diesel cars and trucks - if you go to POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners & Mechanics you'll find that site to be quite impressive, and they tout this Archoil stuff. Clearly, a diesel truck is not a gasoline motorcycle, I get that... but that's is what got me curious. That guy offers so much solid and free info/vids he gets my attention.
It's great that you have gotten prompt replies to your inquiries, but the HD they tested this product on has a separate transmission, unlike the Victory, so is not remotely close to an apples to apples comparison. Also, if his product burns up your clutch, do you think he will be so quick to reimburse you for your troubles? I doubt it. Is there a particular issue you are having with your bike that you are trying to address with the use of this product, or are you so easily separated from your money that all it takes is good marketing or a sales pitch?

This is not a rip on the OP, but I can't figure out why somebody would buy something they don't need and might actually cause damage to their bike, all because of prompt replies and the owner/CEO telling him what he wants to hear, even if it likely isn't research based (did they test this product in a Victory motorcycle specifically)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts