Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Provided you have them ofcourse. I've had mine for a month now and allways have the ipod going. The looks I get when people hear
Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica , Machine Head , Butcher Babies (metal head if you cant tell) blaring is funny..But while out for a cruise last night i decided to shut it off and was reminded of what a pleasure it is to just ride with nothing but the wind.Really felt good.Think I'll switch it up more often.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Unless 2 up I have a local radio station on at a volume I can here. I figure my right to listen to what I want ends at the ear of the closest person.

·
13,188 Posts
I leave the radio/ipod off for the first ten to fifteen miles and on the way home I do the same. You have to listen to the motor and the bike every day to prevent problems.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I leave the radio/ipod off for the first ten to fifteen miles and on the way home I do the same. You have to listen to the motor and the bike every day to prevent problems.
You must be riding a Harley now Johnny??? :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine is on all the time a mix of local radio around town and XM when I am out for more than 15 min or so. I have it turned down that I can still hear the bike for the most part. I do have times where it is great just to turn it down or off and enjoy the songs of the road. When I have it off when I park a lot of the time I forget to turn it on for a while the next time I ride.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
As one who is approaching his ninth decade on this planet and been riding for more than 60 years, I find it amusing that you youngsters need to be constantly entertained. OK, maybe its a generational thing, but I find that riding involves a helluva lot of concentration and I can't tolerate self inflicted distractions. I've had full boat tourers for decades and whenever I turned on the tunes, I found it too distracting and turned it off within five minutes. The only time I kept it on longer was when riding through Kansas and other parts of the Midwest. My bike's stereo system, the pipes, produces my favorite music--nothing can top that for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I'm with Johnny. I like to hear the sound of my bike; listening to be sure everything is performing as it should. Riding is my entertainment. However, when it gets stretched out, a tune here & there sure ain't a bad thing :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am with the old guy on this one. cheers

I prefer to listen to my bike. When I first got my Sena I used to listen to the music on my IPhone, but I decided I would rather not have any distractions while I am riding.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
My radio is on pretty much all the time, not blaring loud unless i get a good song! Mostly just for the background noise i guess. I can still hear the motor purring down the highway, i can hear those days its running smooth, and the days its not.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
On rides of a half hour plus I put on my blue tooth headset. Classic rock. New stuff to me is Nirvana, which is great. After I get rocked out the quiet is nice. Last week I listened to a baseball game for a hundred mi. I would never let speakers blair where it would annoy others.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am with the old guy on this one. cheers
I'm a couple decades younger but for the most part, so am I (with the old guy) LOL

However, I do crank on some blues or country tunes now and then (coz the wife likes it ;) ) :)

oh, and who the h3ll are these ... (Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica , Machine Head , Butcher Babies) LOL!

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Hey! What's with this "old guy" stuff? I'm the same age as Hoover Dam and the Golden Gate Bridge and operating just as well.

·
13,188 Posts
A friend on his harley all ways had the music so loud he never new his break pads were gone.

I like music wish there was a control so when I slowed down the music would go down. Some times with ear plugs in I for get how loud Seager is

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
A friend on his harley all ways had the music so loud he never new his break pads were gone.

I like music wish there was a control so when I slowed down the music would go down. Some times with ear plugs in I for get how loud Seager is
Are you listening to the vic stereo? there is adjustments on mine anyway so when you speed up and slow down its gets quieter and louder, and thats adjustable too.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My kind of music spanknut . Just getting into machine head I have been missing out . thumb up
The only time I've seen them live was at Mayhem Fest this past july. Best band that took the stage that day.It sucked it was only 5 or 6 songs.May have to see them on thier own.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I don't have a bike that plays music, but even if I did it's not my thing. I have a belief that riding a bike is about being at one with it, like stated above - the bike is my music. A major part of my addiction to riding is getting away from everything and just riding, I've always rode by the moto "When I ride I'm free... Everything else is just waiting..."

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Hey! What's with this "old guy" stuff? I'm the same age as Hoover Dam and the Golden Gate Bridge and operating just as well.
OK I have to ask, would you feel the same way if your local radio station was playing 'swing" or "big band" music?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a couple decades younger but for the most part, so am I (with the old guy) LOL

However, I do crank on some blues or country tunes now and then (coz the wife likes it ;) ) :)

oh, and who the h3ll are these ... (Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica , Machine Head , Butcher Babies) LOL!
C'mon man. If your only in your 50's you should know who Metallica is.The godfather of metal as we know it today. Except Machine Head the others are pretty much newer bands.I do tend to play it loud but I do think I shall be changing that or at least try.I did realize how much i do miss listening to the sound of the bike though.And the silence is also theraputic in and of itself.Really what got me hooked on riding in the first place.Now I want to go out and remove my stero and get rid of the temptation to head bang and ride.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
C'mon man. If your only in your 50's you should know who Metallica is.The godfather of metal as we know it today. Except Machine Head the others are pretty much newer bands.I do tend to play it loud but I do think I shall be changing that or at least try.I did realize how much i do miss listening to the sound of the bike though.And the silence is also theraputic in and of itself.Really what got me hooked on riding in the first place.Now I want to go out and remove my stero and get rid of the temptation to head bang and ride.
Just to mention, I've seen Metallica 5 X's. Huge fan, would love to see them again!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 52 Posts