Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for after market brake and clutch levers for my 2013 XTC and have not found much out there. Looks like Ness is the only set right now....and they look promising as they have a nice curve out at the end of the lever....anyone have them?

My problem is I come from a sport bike background (many years) and I am very used to riding using 2 fingers on the clutch and 1-2 on the front brake. I can manage the 1-2 finger front brake actuation but using 2 fingers on the clutch is basically impossible as it crushes my ring and pinky fingers before I can get the clutch to actuate and I hate pulling all fingers off the bars to grab the clutch.....just feels unsafe to me and being such a heavy bike than what I am used to.....

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket set or any suggestions on modifying the stock clutch lever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It is , I have them ... They look awesome in person . Very nice lever job , but will still function as the stock do ... No extra leverage included . I have large hands and easily handle the 2 finger action . I can see those with smaller mitts having a harder time though .cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is , I have them ... They look awesome in person . Very nice lever job , but will still function as the stock do ... No extra leverage included . I have large hands and easily handle the 2 finger action . I can see those with smaller mitts having a harder time though .cheers
Very encouraging! So when your're using 2 fingers the lever clears your other 2 digits on the grip? I also have no issues with using 2 fingers pulling in this tough clutch on the XCT. Been doing it on sport bikes for many years so I guess I've built up strength over the years.

Thanks LILMAGS500

I also found some other options just now here: http://www.jpcycles.com/2013-victory-cross-country-tour/handlebars-and-controls/arlen-ness?Nao=24

But I do like those Ness levers!

·
13,038 Posts
When you order from Jp or Dennis Kirk talk to some one there first.
They list parts for Vic but they will not work.

If you buy this mirror adapter you can put any h-d mirror on your bike
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ37690

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
A powder coat exchange would be cool.
I can't seem to get to the coater when I don't need my ride..

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
$25 plus $5 shipping and I'll send you these, you send me yours back.
Done deal, 30 bucks. I'll send you a PM with my email and such.
Thanks for a fair deal

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the clutch, sounds like you have a fair bit of free play if you are crushing your other two fingers pulling the lever to engage the clutch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you tried adjusting the clutch, sounds like you have a fair bit of free play if you are crushing your other two fingers pulling the lever to engage the clutch.
Yeah...I've tried to adjust it but the thing is the stock clutch lever is bent at such an angle that when fully engaged it lays flat against the grip....if you look at the Ness levers they have a fairly drastic curve all the way to the end which I can only assume would leave more room for my last 2 digits....

I have even been looking at complete sport bike replacement levers including the perch but not sure if I would have to replace the stock Vic clutch cable or if something like would even fit period.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts