Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best time of year is again upon us - the starting week of college football. My beloved Michigan State Spartans (ranked #11) begin the season with a prime time TV game tonight against Utah. Despite it being Labor Day weekend, I have taken down the American Flag that I normally fly and replaced it with an MSU flag for today and tomorrow - priorities, you see.

The Spartans are ranked ahead of many other big name teams including Notre Dame, USC, LSU, Texas, Florida State, and especially that reviled team Michigan - WOOHOO. The Big 10, despite being unable to count, have five teams in the top 14. Of course, this will be whittled down as many of them will play each other during the season.

This is so much more important than our petty squabbles over politics :)

I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
ROLL TIDE ! ! all the way to another championship

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The best time of year is again upon us - the starting week of college football. My beloved Michigan State Spartans (ranked #11) begin the season with a prime time TV game tonight against Utah. Despite it being Labor Day weekend, I have taken down the American Flag that I normally fly and replaced it with an MSU flag for today and tomorrow - priorities, you see.

The Spartans are ranked ahead of many other big name teams including Notre Dame, USC, LSU, Texas, Florida State, and especially that reviled team Michigan - WOOHOO. The Big 10, despite being unable to count, have five teams in the top 14. Of course, this will be whittled down as many of them will play each other during the season.

This is so much more important than our petty squabbles over politics :)

I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

Does Michigan State still have a FB team in the Little 14 conference?

My girlfriend called me a pedophile, and I said “That’s a pretty big word for an 8 year old.”

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
How is that Big Ten ranking now?

Hold my beer and watch this!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woohoo!!!! What a great rivalry day in college football and there is still more to play. Ohio State murdalizes the evil Univ. of Mich and their coach, Khaki Harbaugh. OSU scored more points than any team in history had scored on UM. Univ. of Florida beat the criminals from Tallahassee also in a blowout. Lastly, my beloved Michigan State Spartans eked out a victory over what could be the worst team in the BCS (Rutgers). Dang, MSU sucks this year but they won 7 games and the fact that they are from the Big 10 will give them a good bowl game since the Big 10 fans travel so well to the bowls (#1 goal of a Big 10 football fan is to have your team get a warm weather bowl so you can get the heck out of the snow for at least a long weekend :) ). I hope MSU gets a game in Florida as I would love to attend a bowl game - just not all the way down in Miami. Somewhere in JAX, Tampa, or Orlando would be nice.

The OSU shellacking boots UM out of the playoff picture and puts OSU back in the hunt for the #4 playoff spot. With the very expected victories of Alabama, OSU, and Clemson in their conference playoffs and the crappy Pac 12, it will likely come down to 1) whether OK can beat TX in the Big 12 conference championship game (remember that TX beat OK already this season) and 2) Assuming OK wins, whether OK or OSU will get the final spot. GA won't get it with two losses. UCF won't get it because they have something like the 125th hardest schedule in the ~150 BCS teams and because they lost half their offensive power with Milton's injury. Nope, it will be between OK and OSU for spot #4.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I expect: #1 Bama, #2 Clemson, #3 ND, #4 Oklahoma

Condoms prevent Minivans.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I expect: #1 Bama, #2 Clemson, #3 ND, #4 Oklahoma

That is a VERY reasonable prediction. We agree that it will be between OK and OSU assuming both win their conf. championships. OSU will have the much easier game since they play a mediocre Northwestern team for the Big 10 title while OK has to play TX, the one team that beat them this year. Of course.... on any given Saturday :)

I think the selection committee will have a very difficult decision between OK and OSU. Both teams have strong pros and cons. Regardless of which one gets selected, only three of the power five conferences will be represented in the playoffs. That will lead to an increase in the outcry for enlarging the playoffs to 8 teams. No power 5 conference wants to be on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

I am a Big 10 fan (with the exception of Univ. of Michigan who I hope loses every game for the rest of my life :) ) so I'm partial to OSU and hope they get the nod but I can see the really tough decision that has to be made.

With all the above being said, I will predict the same one thru three picks as you but I will predict OSU at #4. I will further predict that Alabama beats OSU, Notre Dame beats Clemson, and Alabama beats Notre Dame.

Remember that predictions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one, and they all stink :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The only thing, considering OSU and Oklahoma both win, is OSU got blown out by a bad Purdue team, and Oklahoma lost to Texas by 3 on a neutral field. If they both win, Oklahoma would have avenged their lose, and beat a better team in the Championship game as well.

That’s what kept out OSU last year.

Playoff may change to 8, but not till this current contract is up. (Total disclosure, I’ve worked in college football since 1994).

Bama beat OK, Clemson beats ND (they aren’t that good). Bama over Clemson....again.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I am sure that you know the counter-arguments in favor of OSU including the near total lack of defense exhibited by OK and the HUGE lopsided victory by OSU over a #4 UM. As I said, it is not an easy decision. It could go either way.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Well, I am sure that you know the counter-arguments in favor of OSU including the near total lack of defense exhibited by OK and the HUGE lopsided victory by OSU over a #4 UM. As I said, it is not an easy decision. It could go either way.

Ohio State is 67th in Total Defense. Michigan played 4 ranked teams, so you could argue they were over rated.

The committee showed last year, that a bad loss hurts, more than a good win helps. Oklahoma beats Texas, avenging their only narrow loss, they are in.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Bama wins again....Roll Tide

Another SEC Championship

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts