Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
I guess that's why they call it "Sorry Vista"?

"How was KC? Just wondering if it lives up to all the "hoopla". I have been to Carlsbad Caverns & did not think anything could top it.
I think you already have an opinion so why should I add to what you're convinced of. What is the hoopla you speak of and I will gladly elaborate and since Carlsbad is the pinnacle does it really matter?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think you already have an opinion so why should I add to what you're convinced of. What is the hoopla you speak of and I will gladly elaborate and since Carlsbad is the pinnacle does it really matter?
I am simply trying to find out if it is worth the trip to Benson to view the caverns. When they opened, there was great "hoopla" talking about the "magnificence" of the discovery.
By the way, did you take the Vegas on this journey or cage it?

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
The way they explained it because it's alive and active it's a rarity considering the climate that surrounds it. I liked it but we explored the entire area stopping at the small towns. I like southern Arizona so for me a it was worth it. Then cavern itself is fairly small but has a lot going on.

We drove if I rode two up it would have been on the ultra not the Vegas.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks Tom. I too like southern AZ. Want to spend some time exploring s/o Tucson from Green Valley down to Tumacacori.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Patagonia, Bisbee there are so many cool towns. Our next adventure is Portal AZ Google it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm currently in your neck of the woods in fact I passed through your town today. We went to Kartchner Caverns and then to Bisbee, we also stopped at San Pedro House I didn't see a single bike in Sierra Vista. We're staying in Benson heading home tomorrow.
There is a really good restaurant in Bisbee called Cafe Roka. The next time you are there you should check it out. The only thing is they are open during these days and times.

Wed-Sat | 5pm - 9pm

Jazz at Cafe Roka every Friday night from 5-9pm

http://caferoka.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
The weekend I am if Phoenix here you are.
I hope it was a good ride.

As far as the poor opinion of the area, it is good, it keeps the roads less congested.

·
Registered
30 Posts

As far as the poor opinion of the area, it is good, it keeps the roads less congested.
AC,

I ride with some friends and we do the Bisbee loop. It's roughly 185 miles round trip.
Start in Sierra Vista and ride on (H92 to Bisbee), (H80 to Douglas), (H191 to Pearce), (I-10 to Benson), (H90 back to SV).
We have several favorite restaurants we stop at for either breakfast or lunch during our ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is a great ride. If you ever have an open spot let me know and I will follow along.

Anyone doing the 191 this year?

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts

Never once had a poor opinion of your area it's one of my favorite places to take a long weekend and I have many, many times.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Vindy: How about posting some pic's of the caverns on the photography thread? By the way, I am taking the wife down south later this month. Got a smoking deal at RioRico golf resort. If anyone has some "must see" spots on the I-19 corridor, please chime in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Combat vet Association

I am a Combat Veteran , now riding a 2014 Victory Hammer 8-Ball. I am in the east valley chandler area, I have been wanting to get in touch with CVMA on joining as i am an independent rider looking to join up with some fellow brothers and sisters in arms to ride with.

·
Registered
399 Posts
New guy here in Tempe. 2014 XC.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Have you guys gotten in touch with the VM RIDERS, out of Victory Mesa?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Have you guys gotten in touch with the VM RIDERS, out of Victory Mesa?
Not yet, I haven't even picked up the bike yet lol.

But the purchase is being made at Mesa so I will ask.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Tempe,Az. now.

In east valley now, Tempe. Was in west valley, Buckeye,Az. for years until a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome. Congratulations on the new ride.
+1 on the *** riders. We like to ride
Thanks and i was actually told that by signing up for the VM riders for $15 I get 15% off on accessories for the year at Victory of Mesa. That alone got my attention.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
New guy here in Buckeye AZ with a 2014 Cross Country. Where do all the Victory folks hang out at? Meet ups?

BTW...this is all SpeedBlue's (member here with a XR) fault. I saw his and had to have a CR.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome

I am also in the west valley, Peoria. I am sure you will enjoy the new ride.
Several of us are *** members & ride with that group. Send me a PM if you need more info. Great riding weather now........oh yea! thumb up

61 - 80 of 122 Posts