·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any out there...or am I the ONLY Victory rider in Arkansas? :clap:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
You're not alone anymore! I picked mine up Monday! I've not really seen a lot of Vic riders. There is one other Vic rider at my place of employment (500 employees) and aside from his and mine, I've seen one other Vic on the road. I bet we'll see several during BBBQ rally in September.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No there are many and the number is growing. I saw no less than 8 cross country's in mt view today.. A couple visions and several other models.. Had folks commenting about my bike all day.. They are growing in popularity.. I'm just outside of Jonesboro...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Do I know you? LOL
Nope. I say "we'll" see plenty at BBBQ in September because what biker in Arkansas don't go to BBBQ? There were nearly 500,000 people show up from what I heard at the last one.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
No there are many and the number is growing. I saw no less than 8 cross country's in mt view today.. A couple visions and several other models.. Had folks commenting about my bike all day.. They are growing in popularity.. I'm just outside of Jonesboro...

I'm sure I'll spot more now that I'm on a Vic. You know when you buy a car you notice all the others like yours? :) They are certainly growing in popularity and sales...

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol

Do I know you? LOL
I was directing the post to rebel. sounded like I was talking to you didn't it hahahaha They are growing in popularity though. We were at the NEA Dare thing in Jonesboro earlier this year. A Ultra Classic was being given away. My wife and I along with a few friends were looking at it when the wife says. "How old is it"? The Harley friend immediately says well its brand new! The wife says later to me....It looks just like Ricks. Rick ride a 91 and it looks just like the new ones. I guess Harley folks can pick out the difference. the point is, Victory has a fresh new style. I think its a more eligant design. the bikes lines seem to flow more smoothly and not boxy like the Harley. I think even Harley folks appreciate the style as I had several folks making nice comments about the Vic. My Harley friend even noticed that attention my bike was getting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not in Ar, but I'm pretty close. I am sure I will riding over that way on some of my vuntures. cheers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Lots of great roads to ride. Hwy 270 just east of you into AR is a nice ride heading toward Hot Springs. Also north east at Ozark, Hwy 23 (the pig trail) North toward Eureka Springs is an amazing road to ride on! I've not been to your neck of the woods yet. I've hit 59 but no further south than stilwell. Is a nice ride heading south on 59 toward your area?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm down in North Littlerock,ill be headin BBBQ and i hope to see some more vic's. ive been on my hardball for 2 months and cant stop riding it.wifes trying to get me to sell jeep cause it dont move.anyway ill be at fayetville end of month. see you there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lots of great roads to ride. Hwy 270 just east of you into AR is a nice ride heading toward Hot Springs. Also north east at Ozark, Hwy 23 (the pig trail) North toward Eureka Springs is an amazing road to ride on! I've not been to your neck of the woods yet. I've hit 59 but no further south than stilwell. Is a nice ride heading south on 59 toward your area?

Yep, there are alot of great roads over that way. I rode over to Fort Smith last weekend and decided to go home via Mena and then across Talimena Drive. It was a prett good ride. There is a stretch up on Talimena Dr. that have gravle on the rode. I didn't care for that very much....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bbbq

I'm down in North Littlerock,ill be headin BBBQ and i hope to see some more vic's. ive been on my hardball for 2 months and cant stop riding it.wifes trying to get me to sell jeep cause it dont move.anyway ill be at fayetville end of month. see you there.
I wasn't going to go to BBBQ this year but I may change my mind. Probably have to camp though as I'm sure there are no available rooms to be had.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I wasn't going to go to BBBQ this year but I may change my mind. Probably have to camp though as I'm sure there are no available rooms to be had.
Most rooms are usually booked almost a year in advance. The closest room is in Rogers, Ar and is $140 a night. Only one other room available and it's over $500 a night. I would bank on most local RV parks being the same way too. May I suggest Devil's Den State Park? It's located just outside of my home town of West Fork. The camp sites there are reasonable at around $12 per day. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to Fayetteville from home. You would add another 20 minutes if you stayed at Devil's Den. You can call the park to see about reservations at (479) 761-3325. They only charge for 1 night when you call, you pay for the other nights when you get there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I looked a few days ago... Red roof inn has st least one room available.. What is normally $59 is for the event $209 wow pretty big increase huh.. I think there is always primitive camping available at the fairgrounds.. If I decide to go I may check that out or the place you mentioned.. If the eufe wants to go again we may make it a one day thing and find a motel away from fayeteville on our way home .

·
Registered
54 Posts
haskell,ar outside benton

2012 cc-went to bbq, just did tallimena, ride all over the state-starting to see a lot more victories-so your not alonecheers

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm in the state right below you guys, and would love to come ride up there. So what is "bbq" and what spots near the LA border would be a nice ride through?

Putting together a little "around my state adventure" for when I take a week off work in december.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts