Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the Arlen Ness fly bar for a Harley soft tail for a really good price, but I'm not sure if it will fit a '05 vegas. Has anyone had any luck or knowledge on this subject?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I found the Arlen Ness fly bar for a Harley soft tail for a really good price, but I'm not sure if it will fit a '05 vegas. Has anyone had any luck or knowledge on this subject?
Where the risers mount to the trees , the Vics are much wider then the HD ... I believe because of this they are not compatible .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew it had to be too good to be true that I could find one at a good price. Looks like I'll have to start saving up for it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry bro, they don't fit, they have a metric spread like Jap bikes. It kinda stinks bc you can get H-D Flybars ready for internal wiring but not for us.....lame! I used a nice braided stainless wrap on my wiring though and it turned out nice.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Vic's are a 5 inch center for the knurl marks. During my searches I found that there are some nice bars for the Honda VTX that will fit...

·
Registered
477 Posts
The Ness bars for our bikes are very nice man, if you want to feel extra special and want a A++ grade bar look to Burleigh, they'll cost ya anywhere from about $700-$1000. They're sexy though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess I got lucky, I bought my vegas used with a bunch of Ness stuff on it,,, Bars, mirrors, grips. I love the bars, very comfortable. The mirrors took a bit to get used to, I am used to a larger view. The grips...... Well, the grips have to go, They are the flame chrome and they look nice, but aren't very comfortable to me. Just bought a set of the vic flame comfort grips from ebay opened package but new and complete for $35 including shipping.

I see the ness bars on there for 2 - 3 hundred all the time, just watch for a "Best offer" listing and go for a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts