Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Ness gas cap today. I was surprised at how heavy it was. It's a solid piece. It looks great on my bike and should make fueling less of a hassle.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
What? No picture?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I also picked up one of these that was listed on the Polaris site on sale (Part number is V-1024). Is that the same one that you installed. Any guidance on how you did it? No instructions came with this one. I bought one of those as well but it doesn't look like it will fit my XC.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also picked up one of these that was listed on the Polaris site on sale (Part number is V-1024). Is that the same one that you installed. Any guidance on how you did it? No instructions came with this one. I bought one of those as well but it doesn't look like it will fit my XC.
It won't. That cap is for 1999-2003 models.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It won't. That cap is for 1999-2003 models.
Thank you VERY MUCH for the guidance! What's interesting is that the Polaris site stated that it fit the 2011 model XCs. Looks like this one is going back. Darn shame too because when I ordered it I got a deal as I had thought that it was the newer one made for this bike.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a couple of pics

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Looks FANTASTIC Jon. You'll enjoy it even more as time goes on...

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I just bought the hydraulic clutch conversion. I think this gas cap may be my next purchase. Looks great and looks like there won't be any hassle while fueling. The hardest part is trying to get the nozzle in place lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts