·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ness company is selling off all Vic parts. 50% off

Victory

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yep, what they have left that Gino didn't buy.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Ness company is selling off all Vic parts. 50% off

Victory
Sadly, the Ness company is just another brand that's bailed on Victory. I'm glad I don't have a single Ness branded accessory on my CCT. Some of the accessories I do have and that I like the best (Victory Shadow Collection) were designed by Rick Fairless at Stroker's Dallas. He also bailed and sent all his bikes back to Polaris months ago. I'm thankful the Victory Shadow Collection items look factory and not like a Stroker's Dallas piece.

I don't run the Ness organization and they certainly never asked for my input. But I didn't see the need for them to bail and dump everything at 50% off. Yea, Gino bought a bunch from Ness like he did from Polaris. Hopefully for Gino at 80% or more off. I don't know Gino either but I'm glad for him that he had the cash on hand to make his deals with both Ness and Polaris. I haven't seen where he's asking anything but full MSRP for his Victory accessories though. I'm glad I was able to get my extreme speaker covers for the $220 Polaris price and not his prices.

Oh well, it's of course still tough that the manufacturer bailed on us. Many of us have said things like "let's support the after market companies even more now that Polaris rear ended us." I guess I'm still a little tender and sore from the Polaris treatment so it prolongs the hurt when an after market company does the same thing.

Would it have been so difficult for Ness to just sell out through normal attrition instead of announce they were dumping anything and everything Victory?

Reactions: BBob and abe5

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Please pardon my ignorance but who is this person or company "Gino" that is referred to above in several posts as having bought a lot of the Arlen Ness and Victory inventory of parts for Victory motorcycles? Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Good time to grab a Ness Ram intake/air filter, best bang for buck intake for anyone on a budget!
rest of the stuff I seen so far looks like dress up items

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Gino is https://www.facebook.com/sykoticind/
They build custom Victory motorcycles. Mostly cross bikes and big wheels. Heavily 8nto unbelievable stereo systems. They custom build double din dashes using Dakota Digital speedos very similar to the one I built for m6 trike. Gino was very helpful to me with information in doing so. As opposed to other builders who won’t tell you a thing because your not spending any or enough money with them. His family owns Victory of Citrus Heights but as of Jan 1 they are closing it up.

As for dealers like Arlen and Rick I don’t blame them one bit for closing out their Victory lines. They got the royal shaft from Polaris just like the rest of us. There will still be aftermarket support but just from smaller dedicated operations. Ride on.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Please pardon my ignorance but who is this person or company "Gino" that is referred to above in several posts as having bought a lot of the Arlen Ness and Victory inventory of parts for Victory motorcycles? Thanks.
What he said. :I agree:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Arlen loves his Victory. I imagine there's just not enough residual business to maintain a production and supply chain of the size he is used to. Most people that are going to purchase his products probably already have.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Ness was already pulling away, gradually, from Victory. Sure, they had some parts they sold enough of to keep selling them, but they had sold their Victory dealership in Las Vegas with their own line of custom Victory's. I really wanted one of them too. I'm not talking about the Ness badged Victory's from Spirit Lake, Iowa. Ness built Vic's.

Victory and Ness seemed to have split ways also long before the big quit. Victory no longer had a Ness model of anything. Not sure why but it was a long time coming and gradual.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
More info...

Ness Launches New Victory Limited Edition Bike

Published by Cyril Huze August 12th, 2008
It was in Sturgis in 2005 that Arlen and Cory Ness launched 3 limited production custom motorcycles. They were all built around the Ness Y2K rubber-mount frame. 
and called Lowliner, Speedliner and Highliner. Due to the close relation between Ness and Victory Motorcycles, it’s no surprise to learn that Ness Motorcycles (the company set up to produce these motorcycles) is now launching the “Lowliner V” as Victory. This new limited edition bike design is the result and fusion of some custom work done by the Ness family on several Victory motorcycles like the Jackpot, Vegas and Vision which were produced at the Victory factory. But for the Lowliner V, production/assembly/paint will be done at Ness facility in Dublin, CA. Some features include diamond cut heads and barrels on the Victory Freedom 106” engine, a 23” front and a 20” rear Ness wheel available in 4 different designs, mono shock frame, 6-piston front and rear brakes and other accessories from the Ness catalog (grips/handlebars/forward controls, gas tank, fenders, seat, etc). You can personalize the Lowliner V with a choice of 5 different paint jobs covered with special badges. Distribution should start at the end of year through Victory dealerships. Lowliner V soon to be featured at Ness Motorcycles.

Here is the bike a lot of people hoped Victory would build instead of the Octane but didn't. Arlen Ness did though.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Just bought an amber set and a red set of these:

Arlen Ness Direct Bolt-On Turn Signals

Of course, the amber ones are on backorder; we'll see how that goes. I really wanted the reds for the rear though.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Interesting how the black finish ones are so much more. In the old days the chrome ones were always more expensive. I guess powder coating has caught up with chrome in cost or maybe they can just get away with it because it's more popular now.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Powder coating

Yes and powder coating is so much cheaper to do. Much less labor involved. When I ordered up my XR from the dealer in Phx. they tried to push having the engine guards and the police style saddle bag guards chromed. I told them noooooooooo. Powder coat them black. They made the saddlebag guards down in Tuscon and I was going have to wait for them to make them. So I threw in the the fact that the powder coating would be cheaper to do than having the parts chrome plated. I believe I was the first one to order them up that way. Still have them on the bike and yes they have saved my saddle bags a few times. Dropped it in the yard a couple of times!!!
:grin

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I like those Police style saddlebag guards too but wasn't willing to spend twice as much as the OEM style. The chrome OEM's I did get have saved my saddlebags one time; maybe two. Hard to say on one of those times.

The one time I do know for sure they did was when I turned into a store lot but the curb blended in with the low spot and I had some sun in just right/wrong spot enough to blind me just enough to clip the curb and down I went. Nothing on me or the bike was hurt thanks to the forward and rear guards but I was all kinds of embarrassed about it. I just picked up the bike, it started right up, and I kept going on my way.

Proof that there are only two kinds of riders regardless of the amount of experience; the kind that have been down and the kind that are gonna (go down on their bike).

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Just bought an amber set and a red set of these:

Arlen Ness Direct Bolt-On Turn Signals

Of course, the amber ones are on backorder; we'll see how that goes. I really wanted the reds for the rear though.
I've liked these since the first time I saw them. They just look right for the X bikes; especially the XC(T).

So I too ordered a red chrome set for the back and an amber chrome set for the front. So far I haven't seen anything about a back order but I haven't gotten the confirmation from Ness yet; only PayPal.

Almost $19 for the shipping though! I know that's BS. Both sets should fit in a medium Priority USPS box.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I was charged $12 for shipping. Just over $10 for one set.

We’ll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
They had 25 of the chrome amber ones on backorder so I just emailed them to cancel those and to send the other.

If they don't lower the shipping to something reasonable; I'll contact them. Most places are reasonable if you just say something. Sometimes their algorithm is messed up.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if they are on a huge blister pack card requiring a larger box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I just look at shipping and it was only $13 bucks and I farther away then you Bob.
When I worked for a bearing company we would reuse all incoming boxes along with packing paper. We still charged the customer. The reason they had to pay me along with light tape and more. So if a company like Ness uses brand new boxes I can see some of the charge. UPS is the bad guy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts