Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am curious to know if anyone has made their own armrests or if anyone knows of any aftermarket armrests for the Cross Country Tours? I do not like the looks of and especially despise the price of the factory armrests. Someone has to feel the same and had to of come up with something by now, I would think. If not, I may well tackle this headache this year, but I am in hope that someone else has already come up with ideas. Please do not tell me to use the search function, as I have, with no success at all. I even tried wording my search 2 dozen different ways and tried more and less words and every other conceivable way of searching it, no glory. I find it hard to believe no one else has issue with the looks and price of the factory rests. :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Okay, I'm a cheap bastard and I really didn't like the looks or way the $399 Victory armrests worked! So, I had a bunch of stuff laying around ( I'm also a packrat) I used the Armrests pads and upper supports from a 1500 Goldwing then mated them with the lower attachment rail from Markland for a 1200 Wing! I did have to grind off the mounting tabs and make 2 tabs which I welded to rail and bolted to the existing set of holes o the XCT trunk rail. The Dealer was looking at my mod's when I took it in for the ongoing recall and stated that they liked mine way better than Factory. Mine doesn't swing in and out easy so it seems more solid. I added a Kuryakan water bottle holder to the right side armrest so passenger is all set. She who must be obeyed has tested it and is happy! So happy wife, happy life! Except she is really pissed @ Polaris / Victory over this recall!!! I don't want to be them when the smoke clears as she will be tearing someone a new one!!! No pictures as of yet as above - bike is at shop, sitting!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, would be cool to see some pics of your set-up. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't have any good pic's now - bike is at Stealer for recall with no advisement when it will ever be looked at! Plus, not sure how to get pic's to download to the site! You could send me e-mail and I could send what I have now directly and the rest when ever I get it back!

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Don't have any good pic's now - bike is at Stealer for recall with no advisement when it will ever be looked at! Plus, not sure how to get pic's to download to the site! You could send me e-mail and I could send what I have now directly and the rest when ever I get it back!

Two Questions;
1. Why would you bring your bike to someone you refer to as a Stealer?

2. Why would anyone you refer to as a Stealer want anything to do with you or your bike?

·
Registered
304 Posts
We have 2 choices for Victory in Alberta! All of the centers are owned by same people and the other is too far away! Since these things are supposed to be bullet proof, should be good!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two Questions;
1. Why would you bring your bike to someone you refer to as a Stealer?

2. Why would anyone you refer to as a Stealer want anything to do with you or your bike?
Uhmmm, because the price they want for ANYTHING makes them crooks. I feel the same way personally, and thus the reason for my post. If I wanted to be robbed for accessories and what not for my bike, I would have bought an HD. cheers

·
Registered
263 Posts
Corbin makes an aftermarket backrest replacement for the Trunk that has extensions on the sides that act as elbow rests. I went with that and my wife loves it. I didn't like the look of the armrest and they get in the way in my opinion.

·
Registered
301 Posts
shop on internet that's how to get around your bad local dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts