Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to purchase a XR in Black Cherry for $11100. (3500 miles) BE about $$5800 plus my 07 V Star 1300 Comes with cover and extended Warranty through 2016

I am not liking the painted Hard bags. Prefer leather covered. But has otherwise everything I want shield, Engine guards, Also interested in 2011 King Pin 8 Ball but need to sell my bike to buy that one. Its around $1000 less. But i would need to add engine guards and taller shield. I think both have the same engine specs.

Deal or no deal?

·
Premium Member
13,645 Posts
What year is it? I think you will like the hard bags once you experience them. They lock and hold a lot more. Gives the bike a big butt look too. :D

Sounds like an ok deal. Does it have any aftermarket accessories like a backrest, pipes, tuner, stage 1 flash, etc.?

·
13,183 Posts
you buy the XR and the hole USA will open up for you.
You find that hopping on the bike saturday morning do the tail of the dragon and even go farther. You pull into the garage with a smille so big your face hurts. Now I didn't say any thing about ridding up the Blue ridge.
Come monday and a friend says what you do this week end you'll have a hard time telling them all what you saw.
Buy the XR and in time you can add what ever you want and as for the saddle bags before you know it some one will trade with you

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I love how my hard bags look, but if you don't, just think about how much more they hold than the leather bags, how they're weatherproof, and how they lock. They're really pretty great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year is it? I think you will like the hard bags once you experience them. They lock and hold a lot more. Gives the bike a big butt look too. :D

Sounds like an ok deal. Does it have any aftermarket accessories like a backrest, pipes, tuner, stage 1 flash, etc.?
2011 only aftermarket is back rest, huge rack, cover, Ex Warranty, just thew my bike on CL for $500 above wholesale would the Mustang seat $632 and Us Saddle Bags. $500 offered bags and seat for additional $500

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,183 Posts
think of this if you trade in you pay less sales tax.
Here is a link where you can see everything for sale on craigslist for the hole country
http://www.adhuntr.com/

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love my CR. It's a fun bike to ride in the twisties AND a comfortable touring bike. I also really like the hard bags.....looks and functionality.

Good luck

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
think of this if you trade in you pay less sales tax...
That's an advantage that must be considered, but make sure your state does that. Some states will charge you sales tax based on the selling price, and you will not get credit for the trade-in. So, check and see how your state does it, and count that added benefit if you're lucky to be in a state with common sense. ;)

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Hey Froggy....Those hard bags are way more practical than the leather ones. I'll trade that for cosmetics any day. Yes, that's a very good deal, indeed.
For those who say life is short; Can you think of anything that takes longer to do?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have an opportunity to purchase a XR in Black Cherry for $11100. (3500 miles) BE about $$5800 plus my 07 V Star 1300 Comes with cover and extended Warranty through 2016

I am not liking the painted Hard bags. Prefer leather covered. But has otherwise everything I want shield, Engine guards, Also interested in 2011 King Pin 8 Ball but need to sell my bike to buy that one. Its around $1000 less. But i would need to add engine guards and taller shield. I think both have the same engine specs.

Deal or no deal?
I traded my 2007 V-Star Tourer for a 13 XCT and haven't looked back.

Neither will you!

I thought the novelty would have worn off by now. After all it's just another motorcycle, right? Wrong!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I traded my 2007 V-Star Tourer for a 13 XCT and haven't looked back.

Neither will you!

I thought the novelty would have worn off by now. After all it's just another motorcycle, right? Wrong!

HA good for you. I am a cash buyer so anything new is out of the question. I cannot wrap my head around paying $16000 cash for a motorcycle. I just don't put on the miles. $$6000 and my bike is where I draw the line. Plus I am finding very low mileage bikes in Victory and HD in that price range.....Years apart of course. But mileage is the same.

Thanks all. The problem I have with the bags is they are body parts and any damage will require paint. (Expensive Victory paint) So I would have to buy the expensive protectors from Victory and Victory is not shy about putting a lot of zeros on accessories. LOL

I don't want to have to worry about that. They are soooo big. I started another thread adding a couple more bikes to the mix. I have done well with my small Yamaha bags. I don't tour. I just need something to commute with and carry some groceries or small store bought stuff now and then.

The Loook Great but may not be practical for me. Anything I am looking at has larger capacity bags. Even the HD RK Custom.

·
Registered
98 Posts
HA good for you. I am a cash buyer so anything new is out of the question. I cannot wrap my head around paying $16000 cash for a motorcycle. I just don't put on the miles. $$6000 and my bike is where I draw the line. Plus I am finding very low mileage bikes in Victory and HD in that price range.....Years apart of course. But mileage is the same.

Thanks all. The problem I have with the bags is they are body parts and any damage will require paint. (Expensive Victory paint) So I would have to buy the expensive protectors from Victory and Victory is not shy about putting a lot of zeros on accessories. LOL

I don't want to have to worry about that. They are soooo big. I started another thread adding a couple more bikes to the mix. I have done well with my small Yamaha bags. I don't tour. I just need something to commute with and carry some groceries or small store bought stuff now and then.

The Loook Great but may not be practical for me. Anything I am looking at has larger capacity bags. Even the HD RK Custom.
It would seem to me you should just keep the Star. It's a great bike and if you're not really upgrading for the purpose of riding why bother. Save the cash until you don't have to make compromised choices.

All that cash I spent on the XCT isn't missed in the least but I upgraded for the purpose of riding more and longer. Worth every dime for that.

Honestly, if I wasn't going to continue riding over 6k per year with the intention of increasing that, the Star would still be in the garage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would seem to me you should just keep the Star. It's a great bike and if you're not really upgrading for the purpose of riding why bother. Save the cash until you don't have to make compromised choices.

All that cash I spent on the XCT isn't missed in the least but I upgraded for the purpose of riding more and longer. Worth every dime for that.

Honestly, if I wasn't going to continue riding over 6k per year with the intention of increasing that, the Star would still be in the garage.

Mostly because I am bored with it. I have never kept a bike this long. Not anything else. I like to try different bikes. Even thought of getting a Triumph if there was local service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts