Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used set of chaps last night, after my trek thru the frigid desert last weekend figgrd I could use something to cut the wind.

Wore them on the way into work this morning, it may not have been as cold as most of you deal with, but 4:30 in the morning gets cold for this pansy ass... can't believe the difference.

The guy was exactly my size, so they fit perfect. He has a nice leather jacket I'm gonna get as well...

I'm gonna have to stop spending money fairly quickly, or I'm not gonna keep gas in the tank...cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Chaps work to cut the wind really well and also help save your shins from the rocks and gravel that like to target windshields and motorcyclists on highways.

They also do a pretty good job of holding in heat once you get them warmed up. Unfortunately that also means they do a god job of transferring cold too so I always try to find chaps with removeable liners. If they get cold on you try putting another layer between them and your pants; a couple of strips of wool or flannel over the front of your thighs works well.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chaps work to cut the wind really well and also help save your shins from the rocks and gravel that like to target windshields and motorcyclists on highways.

They also do a pretty good job of holding in heat once you get them warmed up. Unfortunately that also means they do a god job of transferring cold too so I always try to find chaps with removeable liners. If they get cold on you try putting another layer between them and your pants; a couple of strips of wool or flannel over the front of your thighs works well.
thanks for the tip- these do have removeable liners...seems like it would have to be really cold to need them, but I'll keep them in the bags JIC...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Whatever you do make sure to wear your jeans under them chaps. If you show up to one of the rides with chaps only I will not be riding behind you. :ltr:
But then again thanks to my new injury I will not be riding for a while. :(

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whatever you do make sure to wear your jeans under them chaps. If you show up to one of the rides with chaps only I will not be riding behind you. :ltr:
But then again thanks to my new injury I will not be riding for a while. :(
bummer... (about the injury, not the jeanless chap riding...)

what happened?:confused:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Chaps are assless leather pants....
Thank you! Lol

Have you ever heard of Leatherup.com? Very good stuff for a pretty low price. I have a set of chaps and jacket that I paid roughly $250 total for. Both are naked leather and have liners and the jacket has removable armor as well (can't tell when it's in). Had them for awhile and love them both. Wife has several items from them as well. Just make sure you read the reviews to get the right sizing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts