Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am at 112HP and 116TQ on my Hammer. I have some slight concerns. Running stock vic oil.

KMC/Lloydz Tune
TorqueT
CC Octanes Exhaust
PCV + Extra 500RPM
Cams
1/4 Turn Throttle
Timing Wheel
ECU Unlock + 500RPM plus speed governer removed. Goes to 152 mph.

Is there any upgrade I can do right now so that I do not have issues later?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is your clutch slipping? I am at 110/110 on my CC with about 10,000 on the mods and have not noticed any clutch issues so far.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your clutch slipping? I am at 110/110 on my CC with about 10,000 on the mods and have not noticed any clutch issues so far.
I am not sure. I have never experience clutch slip on a bike so I am not sure what it really feels like. I don't know the signs of what to look for when it starts to happen. I am just trying to be proactive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would not be worried about the vic oil. I am at 200HP and run vic oil. I would say 130hp you might get some slippage. I know for sure you will slip at 150. I would not be worried about it until you actually start slipping. If you want to be pro active put in a barnett Scorpion clutch. That should be good to anything you get up too. If you are going to try to get in the 180s or higher I would suggest getting someone to machine your primary and put a lockup in it. The 99lbs springs in the barnett have some issues. Maybe this winter I might do that we will see.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Why do you need all that HP and speed?

:cool: Go easy on me! :eek:
Why not? It's a thrill in a nutshell.
Op, I wanna think that somewhere in the 120-125ish area is where you might want to start thinking about the clutch spring and support cover upgrade. Bikes will vary, oils, rider weight, bike weight, clutch condition. Allot of variables.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Didn't lloyd comment somewhere that he was running a stock clutch on a bike with 5psi of boost or something like that?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Why do you need all that HP and speed?

:cool: Go easy on me! :eek:
Why do you need a car with air conditioning. My 70 Bug is perfectly adequate..........O yea never mind. My bug is big bore, ported heads, dual carbs, 120 cammed, electronically ignited......That's why

Now that that is out of the way. Below 120/120 you have little if anything to worry about. If you need more do it right, and add the Lloydz variable. The Barnett solutions radically increase pull at the lever, and will destroy cables, and slave cyls.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why do you need a car with air conditioning. My 70 Bug is perfectly adequate..........O yea never mind. My bug is big bore, ported heads, dual carbs, 120 cammed, electronically ignited......That's why

Wow, thats a stretch, imagine kevin [email protected]&!%=# around with something like that. How many horsepower is your blender? Washing machine? Pull wheelies with your lawnmower?:ltr:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

Wow, thats a stretch, imagine kevin [email protected]&!%=# around with something like that. How many horsepower is your blender? Washing machine? Pull wheelies with your lawnmower?:ltr:
I'm not full on Tim The Tool man, but the wife's minivan has a programmer, cold air, and an exhaust. My grand sons Power Wheels Mustang was converted to rubber tires, and 16 volts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Now that that is out of the way. Below 120/120 you have little if anything to worry about. If you need more do it right, and add the Lloydz variable. The Barnett solutions radically increase pull at the lever, and will destroy cables, and slave cyls.
A big bore?? Kevin, it doesn't sound that boring to mecheers

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm not full on Tim The Tool man, but the wife's minivan has a programmer, cold air, and an exhaust. My grand sons Power Wheels Mustang was converted to rubber tires, and 16 volts
If you put performance mods on a mini-van yes you are Tim the Toolman. Sorry but that is just a fact.

·
Registered
251 Posts

124 is where my Vision started slipping.

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
my Vegas 100 is nowhere near any of those numbers. 86/108
But sometimes, occasionally when I'm hard into it in second or third I'll get like a split second 'happening' its almost like a false neutral, like a loss of forward motion, a limbo for a split second or two then its hauling ass again.
I know what clutch slip feels like and I cant induce it by hammering it in 5th or 6th at low speed.
My thoughts are the torque compensator 'dropping out' if theres such a thing.
My bikes done it infrequently from the day I bought it.
Its so infrequent its not a worry, and its not every time I get up it.
Never had it happen on any other bike but this.
Any ideas

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I'm at 94/113 and 26k miles...No problems here.

·
13,177 Posts
mobgma

Till it happens don't worry. Its not that hard of a job to replace the clutch and you can still ride waiting for a new one to get to you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts