Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had both. Started with the WD baffled mufflers. I liked them more than stock for sure. They were fairly quiet until under load, then they sounded great. I wanted more of a deep rumble at idle and slower speeds so I bought the Adam bombs. They were much louder at idle. They stay deep in all rpm ranges.

They are probably louder than I think they are. People tell me they can hear me coming and going from a long distance away.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
If you can weld check into the cherry bomb/thrush mod, same as atom bombs but cheaper.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
You can also do Thunder Monster and Magna Flo mods from us if interested. We have a few videos on youtube with the sound bytes of both.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I bought a set of WD baffled off a member here early in the year and like them alright. I got alot of popping on up shift and down shift but after 5k miles the popping has lessened quite a bit plus I now know what rpm's to shift at to lessen the popping even more. I don't think they are all that loud but the better half says she can hear the bike well before I get to the house but not as much as my old 800 suzuki with baffles cut out of the stock pipes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Atom Bombs here and no complaints. It's basically a swap of the exhaust system with no welding. I like the nice rumble sound which is not over bearing. The sound lets you know your on a great motorcycle compared to the stock pipes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
+1 on the bombs. Installed some on my XC back in October and love the sound of them.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Not sure where you live or ride. I heard on the news tonight the Chicago politicians are passing a noise ordinanace aimed squarely at 'excessively loud motorcycles'. It will pass without much fuss, without much debate and without much fanfare.

Loud pipes saves lives you say, yea, ok. More often they risk all motorcyclists rights.

You think laws aimed directly at motorcyclists are illegal? Me too. But that won't stop a broke city, a broke county or a broke state government from passing and enforcing these "excessive noise" laws.

If you haven't yet, join and get involved in your local A.B.A.T.E. chapter and fight for your rights on a local and personal level.

The bikes I've heard with Atom Bombs would likely get you an "excessive noise" ticket in the areas that have such an ordinance.

The more debt some cities rack up the faster they'll pass this and similar laws looking for an additional revenue stream. Can you say traffic light and speeding cameras? They're regularly installing and planning to install new ones in a city near you.

www.abate.org

Just Sayin'

·
Registered
545 Posts
No offence but Illinois sucks in general. I got a 322 dollar ticket for not having current registration after showing the proper paperwork was waiting in the office for me. Then got charged a dollar for getting it faxed to the cop.
On a side note, my "loud" pipes did save my life on I-24 east bound 3 months ago. When a stupid cager ,from Illinois, didn't look and try to take my lane at 70. I cracked the throttle, they opened their eyes. So yeah they do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
No offence but Illinois sucks in general. I got a 322 dollar ticket for not having current registration after showing the proper paperwork was waiting in the office for me. Then got charged a dollar for getting it faxed to the cop.
On a side note, my "loud" pipes did save my life on I-24 east bound 3 months ago. When a stupid cager ,from Illinois, didn't look and try to take my lane at 70. I cracked the throttle, they opened their eyes. So yeah they do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You are correct sir, Illinois and especially Chicago are far, very far from optimum. But hey, Illinois is 50 out of 50 as the most fiscally insolvent state in the country. We can only improve! Actually, the state is perilously close to the point of no return from declaring bankruptcy. That's why they'll continue grasping at the proverbial straws trying to get more money by such foolishness as noise ordinances aimed at motorcycles. Plus higher taxes and fees for just about everything.

Sadly, this foolishness is only going to get worse and more contributors (makers) will leave in search of a better life elsewhere. Leaving an ever increasing percentage of consumers (takers). Thereby exacerbating the problems even further. I don't blame the ones who leave a bit because living here simply isn't worth the cost. We bought our home in July of 2003. Since then it's taken over a $100,000 dump from it's high point. But hey, my property taxes have more than doubled! So yes, stay away from much of this state.

The decline in Illinois is all very predictable and mostly unstoppable due to the general (and growing) apathy of too much of the population. The central part of the state is great. Not so much in the northern and southern parts though.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I am pretty sure my WD baffled pipes would not get me a ticket unless I was just really getting on it in front of a noise cop.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I have thrush glasspacks, but they are very similar to the bombs, maybe a hair quieter, but i run my radio at 8-9 at the loudest for tge most part, i wear a full face helmet with the visor open.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if you do the bombs see if he can add tail pipe to the end, the soot from your exhaust will get on the muffler end of the tip.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the WD and I really like them exactly because they're not obnoxious. I had Sidewinders on my previous bike, a VTX1800, and I became so tired of the noise I decided to go for a more subdued sound that only gets louder when I'm on it. WD fulfills this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts