Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Photo Bucket picture hosting site eliminated their no fee service I've not managed to find a user friendly site to move pix to so I can upload them to a post here. I've managed to drag and drop a couple pix here, but typically the file is too large. What hosting site are you using to resize pix to a smaller file and ultimately attach here. Appreciate some insight.

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
Since the Photo Bucket picture hosting site eliminated their no fee service I've not managed to find a user friendly site to move pix to so I can upload them to a post here. I've managed to drag and drop a couple pix here, but typically the file is too large. What hosting site are you using to resize pix to a smaller file and ultimately attach here. Appreciate some insight.
What computer operating system and device are you using to access the forum? A PC, MAC, Tablet, Laptop, Cell phone?

If it's something like a PC you can install a pic resizing program on; that would be your best bet. Then let the forum host the small pic so if another pic hosting site goes belly up or wants to charge a million bucks and your first born child; it won't affect what you posted.

I can recommend an excellent picture hosting site that's ridiculously easy to use but you still need to resize your pics down to something under 60kb to make it viewer friendly on the forum and allow the page to load quickly.

Image Resizer: Look on the left side and locate "Mihov Image Resizer" Mihov Image Resizer / resize images - Miha's utililities

There are many other free programs though so it really depends on your preferences.

Best Image Hosting Site I've found: https://postimg.org

·
13,262 Posts
what I do in computer is right click on photo.
Then click edit. Photo opens
Then in upper left side edit
Click on edit and then set pitcher to 20%. most of the 20% will work
Then click the red X you'll get popup
save or don't save
you just have to fool around a few times and you'll catch on

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Desktop PC - HP w/Windows 10
Laptop PC - HP w/ Win10
Android smartphone - tried different browsers, currently Chrome.

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
Desktop PC - HP w/Windows 10
Laptop PC - HP w/ Win10
Android smartphone - tried different browsers, currently Chrome.
Then you can definitely use that software I posted or some other type you might like better. Shoot for 40kb per pic so the forum will accept it.

You can do entire batches of pics at one time with that Mihov software or one at a time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks . . . I'll nose around and see what happens.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I use irfanview to quick edit pictures...it's simple and free.... irfanview.com

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
success!

Bingo! The PostImg.org site was easy enough! I attempted to use a couple other sites in the past few months but they were simply not intuitive enough for me. Getting somewhat long in the tooth (albeit just a pup in RicZ years :grin) I'm just not eager to dig around and learn a new language in the process that goes with all the techie terminology. I had forgotten about Irfanview. I used that several years and couple computers ago. Test pic is my Valkyrie. Descending Scott Mtn. on Hwy 3 in Trinity County.

·
13,262 Posts
trying to figure out how to post photos and other stuff is trial and error. Kinda like going down a road that goes from asphalt to dirt

Laptop PC - HP w/ Win10 not sure if this is what you mean

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Sucks

IT sucks that for me to get my pictures out of Photobucket I am going to have to buy into their membership thing I believe. Last time I checked I did not have time to fool with it. I guess I got to buy a small membership then down load onto a thumb drive. I still miss the old photo prints we use to get, but they cost money also. Then again somebody could not hold them hostage electronically until you pay them for your own pictures. Then I guess you could argue also that it is their computer space your pictures are using, oh will everybody wants our money we get. Communism I tell you, ha, ha.

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
IT sucks that for me to get my pictures out of Photobucket I am going to have to buy into their membership thing I believe. Last time I checked I did not have time to fool with it. I guess I got to buy a small membership then down load onto a thumb drive. I still miss the old photo prints we use to get, but they cost money also. Then again somebody could not hold them hostage electronically until you pay them for your own pictures. Then I guess you could argue also that it is their computer space your pictures are using, oh will everybody wants our money we get. Communism I tell you, ha, ha.
Really! They won't even let you download your own pics now? That's messed up. I had hundreds on there but as soon as I heard what they were doing I downloaded all of them into one file then deleted a lot of them off their servers since I couldn't use them anyway. Then of course I backed up what I had downloaded.

The funny thing is they went from from FREE to charging $400 a year to use their service then had the cajones to send me a $10 discount if I wanted to use their paid service. They must think we are some kind of dumb libtards or something. Sheesh.

I did go back for some reason I can't recall right now and noticed the site was a lot more difficult to use and didn't bring up most of my pics. They must really throttle the free accounts way down.

I was able to log in just now with no problem and access all the pics. So it was either a glitch or something else last time. I did see what you mean about downloading pics. That's just messed up!! They will let you move them to another album within PB but not download them. There has to be a way to do it one at a time but what a pain! When I open one up I have the option of downloading it or I could just right click and 'save as' to download it. No more downloading an album at a time or even multiple pics though. Shame. I guess you could do one at a time with your laptop while watch TV or something until you get them all downloaded to your puter.

That hosting site I linked to earlier really is a walk in the park to use and so far I'm not seeing a limit on the storage but like I also said; I keep the picture size down to a usable size for forum use and back them up on my computer and a back up drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts