Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I referenced this in my other thread about my cracked fairing, "Got a not so nice surprise today", however I think it's important enough to make certain those of us who have upgraded our speakers to anything other than the Kickers know Victory's stance. I realize that depending on how well you and your dealership work together plays a huge role on whether or not this will ever come in to play but it's something to be aware of.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Bummer -- sorry to hear that but I can't honestly say I'm surprised by the response. It seems like if the dealership says it has to go to VIC instead of just fixing it there is about to be a big bag of nothing opened.

·
Registered
289 Posts
man...this sounds like some bucks...and on such a new bike (2400 miles 2011??)i put in some polk marine grade and they dropped in peachy....can't really hear anything anyway so i wear a bud...(i sometimes crank up "brick house"when the wife is on the back...for inspiration)

good luck

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know what its going to cost me yet. Whatever it is is too much because I didn't screw it up to begin with. I followed the service maual to a "T" Oh well. Live and learn I suppose.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I could understand them having grounds to not warranty radio if you installed 2 ohm speakers. Seems to me if you remove a 4 ohm speaker and replace with it with a 4 ohm speaker then how can they deny a future warranty issue? They can if we allow to, but it wouldn't stand in a court of law if you were willing to push the issue.

What would happen if you replace a headlight bulb with the same wattage but non victory purchased bulb and the charging system goes bad 6 months later? Will they say you didn't use an approved brand of bulb to deny warranty?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could understand them having grounds to not warranty radio if you installed 2 ohm speakers. Seems to me if you remove a 4 ohm speaker and replace with it with a 4 ohm speaker then how can they deny a future warranty issue? They can if we allow to, but it wouldn't stand in a court of law if you were willing to push the issue.

What would happen if you replace a headlight bulb with the same wattage but non victory purchased bulb and the charging system goes bad 6 months later? Will they say you didn't use an approved brand of bulb to deny warranty?

Dang thats a great analogy! I wish I would have thought of it when I was on the phone with the general manager of the dealership!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I agree with you guys, I'm a truck dealer for bodies and equipment and no matter what even sometimes if its BLATANT we will take it in the ass for the customer and do right by them and the factory. That's the dealers JOB 1 is to be the buffer between the customer and the Manufacturer to be the whipping post. Thanks for the heads up I gotta double check the replacement Polks I bought before I put them in. thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what I gather, you installed these speakers yourself. The dealer has no idea you followed the service manual to the T or for that matter you even own one. If this procedure was done at the dealer with the same results I'm sure they would be much easier to get along with.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If you guys saw the jpg's of all the mounting tabs he broke off of the fairing, you would better understand why his warranty claim was denied. Anyone that has dealt with Jeff Scott or anyone at Dick Scott Motorcycles knows that they are flat out Great people to deal with and go above and beyond. Go ahead, post up the pics that you put on the ***.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There is ALWAYS another side to the street, thanks Bikendad

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If you guys saw the jpg's of all the mounting tabs he broke off of the fairing, you would better understand why his warranty claim was denied. Anyone that has dealt with Jeff Scott or anyone at Dick Scott Motorcycles knows that they are flat out Great people to deal with and go above and beyond. Go ahead, post up the pics that you put on the ***.
Who are you to come on here and call me a liar? I haven't been anything short of honest about this entire matter. You are just as bad as the Victory rep who assumed he knew what he was talking about. If you look on the very first post of this thread it references the other thread where the same pictures you refer to are posted. No need for you to infer I was trying to hide them. You can read for yourself what the Victory rep had to say about the speakers. Which is something that others who have made the switch may want to know. Of course you may believe I made that up too. Jeff Scott may be a nice guy but he dropped the ball here. That fairing was cracked due to over-tightening. Plain and simple.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what I gather, you installed these speakers yourself. The dealer has no idea you followed the service manual to the T or for that matter you even own one. If this procedure was done at the dealer with the same results I'm sure they would be much easier to get along with.
I understand that the dealer and the rep did not know I had a manual.....at least at first. They know now but that doesnt change anything. And I totally agree that if this was discovered at the dealer it would be a different story. As the costumer service girl told me on the phone....it's my word against theirs.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
That fairing was cracked due to over-tightening. Plain and simple.
Ah, but THERE is the issue. Since Victory did not do the speaker switches but you did, they feel it is entirely likely that the non-Victory certified mechanic (i.e. You) may well have mistakenly damaged them.

As to the Ohm differences (or not), the service record isn't about the ohm differences, it is about the physical differences in the speakers, right? So, Victory isn't denying repair due to anything related to ohm differences.

It does suck for Archer but he was gracious enough to come on here and tell us Victory's stance so we should all be grateful for his efforts. Thank you Archer!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Who are you to come on here and call me a liar? I haven't been anything short of honest about this entire matter. You are just as bad as the Victory rep who assumed he knew what he was talking about. If you look on the very first post of this thread it references the other thread where the same pictures you refer to are posted. No need for you to infer I was trying to hide them. You can read for yourself what the Victory rep had to say about the speakers. Which is something that others who have made the switch may want to know. Of course you may believe I made that up too. Jeff Scott may be a nice guy but he dropped the ball here. That fairing was cracked due to over-tightening. Plain and simple.

First off the upper tab that goes into the hole on the fairing support is cracked, no screw even goes into that tab. Secondly I'm sure that the screw guns on the Victory assembly line have the torque pre-set so I highly doubt it happened when it was built. Thirdly you are all over the net bad mouthing one of the best dealers Victory has because you didn't get your way. Who am I, just a guy that's tired of bullshit.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First off the upper tab that goes into the hole on the fairing support is cracked, no screw even goes into that tab. Secondly I'm sure that the screw guns on the Victory assembly line have the torque pre-set so I highly doubt it happened when it was built. Thirdly you are all over the net bad mouthing one of the best dealers Victory has because you didn't get your way. Who am I, just a guy that's tired of bullshit.

I think a more accurate statement would be "just a guy who's full of ****" actually.

First of all if you bothered to read this thread at all you would see that it is a heads up to those who have swapped out they're front speakers to something other than the Victory approved Kickers. Why? Well because I happen to know at least one Victory rep who says this voids part of the warranty.

Second. Unless you were there looking over my shoulder somehow as that fairing was removed you know absolutely nothing. So you can stop substituting your half assed opinions for facts. The fact is you are nothing more than a loud mouth. I run into folks like you all the time. You have the least to say when it comes to substance but somehow you feel that you should interject it anyway.

Third. I have never mentioned Jeff Scott or the name of the dealer that I felt handled this improperly. His name was on the jpeg I eventually posted but prior to that I never once called him or the dealership out by name. Not to mention the highlighted portion is from the rep which I think is self explanatory. Do I think the dealer dropped the ball? Absolutely. I think it was a cop out to immediately claim that this decision had to be made at the manufacturer level without first hearing all the details. Did I say anyone at that dealership was an a-hole? Nope but I wouldn’t accuse them of going above and beyond either. The first week I had that bike I had an issue that ultimately worked out amicably but it sure sent up some red flags to me that I haven’t forgotten. Which is why from my very first post in the thread where I talk about the day I discovered the cracked fairing I suspected no help from the dealer. Not that I owe you any explanation.

Fourth. Get my way? Really? Are you that foolish? This isn't about not getting some favor. This is about customer service and doing what's right. You think that I am pulling some scam here. If I was what good does it do me to put it on the net?! Use your head here. If I wanted to lie to try to get something I don't deserve and I am unsuccessful what do I gain by coming on here and writing all about it?

What happened is what happened. I didn't embellish and didn't need to. When I cracked my own windshield I didn't try to get someone else to pay for it. I bought a new one. This is a bike with 2600 miles on it. The $440 fairing shouldn't be cracked. If it offends you or you just simply cannot understand how this could have happened without being my mistake. So? You can disagree all you want. It’s expected when one expresses an opinion. But don't come on here with your uninformed and uninvited accusations of lies and deceit.

·
Registered
520 Posts

I think a more accurate statement would be "just a guy who's full of ****" actually.

First of all if you bothered to read this thread at all you would see that it is a heads up to those who have swapped out they're front speakers to something other than the Victory approved Kickers. Why? Well because I happen to know at least one Victory rep who says this voids part of the warranty.

Second. Unless you were there looking over my shoulder somehow as that fairing was removed you know absolutely nothing. So you can stop substituting your half assed opinions for facts. The fact is you are nothing more than a loud mouth. I run into folks like you all the time. You have the least to say when it comes to substance but somehow you feel that you should interject it anyway.

Third. I have never mentioned Jeff Scott or the name of the dealer that I felt handled this improperly. His name was on the jpeg I eventually posted but prior to that I never once called him or the dealership out by name. Not to mention the highlighted portion is from the rep which I think is self explanatory. Do I think the dealer dropped the ball? Absolutely. I think it was a cop out to immediately claim that this decision had to be made at the manufacturer level without first hearing all the details. Did I say anyone at that dealership was an a-hole? Nope but I wouldn’t accuse them of going above and beyond either. The first week I had that bike I had an issue that ultimately worked out amicably but it sure sent up some red flags to me that I haven’t forgotten. Which is why from my very first post in the thread where I talk about the day I discovered the cracked fairing I suspected no help from the dealer. Not that I owe you any explanation.

Fourth. Get my way? Really? Are you that foolish? This isn't about not getting some favor. This is about customer service and doing what's right. You think that I am pulling some scam here. If I was what good does it do me to put it on the net?! Use your head here. If I wanted to lie to try to get something I don't deserve and I am unsuccessful what do I gain by coming on here and writing all about it?

What happened is what happened. I didn't embellish and didn't need to. When I cracked my own windshield I didn't try to get someone else to pay for it. I bought a new one. This is a bike with 2600 miles on it. The $440 fairing shouldn't be cracked. If it offends you or you just simply cannot understand how this could have happened without being my mistake. So? You can disagree all you want. It’s expected when one expresses an opinion. But don't come on here with your uninformed and uninvited accusations of lies and deceit.
Uh huh, whatever. By the way, I over-torqued one of my fairing screws and the torx bit snapped but zero damage to the fairing ;-)

P.S. I'm not alone in thinking the guys at Dick Scott are super friendly and helpful, ask any WSVR member

·
Registered
573 Posts
You might try small claims court , assuming your state has one. They tend to inexpensive and "user friendly". I bet you would win. Name both Victory and the dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts