Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the aux connector but cant seam to find it. Part number 2877196.

I'm thinking about making 1 instead and was wandering if anyone knows the part number for the connector.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Do you have the iPod connector?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Sounddock-Input-Converter-Adapter-Cable/dp/B07JW44BXG/[/ame]

I would think something like that would do the trick. It does say "not for car audio" but so does my generic Bluetooth adapter and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I also think you can just make your own cable. I need to look at the diagram but it shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
This one is listed as working in an old vog.net thread.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Adapter-iPhone-30-Pin-DocksFemale/dp/B005HZJ2MK[/ame]

Also some reports of generic eBay adapter working great.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Make your own

I made a cable to hook up audio and the 30pin. Only one issue......They can't both be hooked up at the same time. It "confuses" the audio system and nothing comes out. I have to unplug my IPOD then the "audio" only works. Of course you can't control the "source" (AKA your phone) but it'll play through the radio. You can get the connectors to make it here Ducati - KTM turn signal connectors. Unfortunately I don't have access to my wiring diagram or I'd include it. Essentially you can find the plugs where the cable to the back plugs in up front (I have a Vision) and just split there. I might consider the 30pin to audio for $12 just to save the agro but that's up to you. LMYR

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank yall for the replies. I think I'll give the adapter a shot and if that doesn't work then I'll make a cable.

Has anyone made a cable to use the controls on an android?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
A cable interface is not an option. Bluetooth you can control basic next/previous track and volume. That's with a cheapo adapter. I did read threads from many years ago that a $100 adapter was able to put up the text data. My 2011 pickup has Bluetooth AND can read song title etc off Bluetooth but my 2012 bike can not. Annoying.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A cable interface is not an option. Bluetooth you can control basic next/previous track and volume. That's with a cheapo adapter. I did read threads from many years ago that a $100 adapter was able to put up the text data. My 2011 pickup has Bluetooth AND can read song title etc off Bluetooth but my 2012 bike can not. Annoying.
Very annoying! I was hoping to find a way to control my phone with the handlebar mounted controls. I dont care as much about seeing the title as much as being able to change the track

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You should be able to do that even with a cheap adapter.

I can do track changes and volume. Mainly just used to skip tracks. I did get tired of using phone and bought used iPod on eBay. Love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts