Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an audio system on their 8-ball? I am thinking of doing it but I want to put it somewhere it can't be seen. I want to keep the clean look of the 2012 model. Any tips or pics would be great!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thought about the same a few weeks back and started looking. Can't get past the pair of 3" cans mounted to the bars. Even behind the batwing, just doesn't look right.
For $450, I'll stick with the MP3 player.
Hogtunes has a unit for the Memphis batwing, but you wouldn't be able to see the speedo with it mounted on a Vic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys so... I have the same mentality you guys have. I don't want a big thing sticking out of the handlebars on my bike. So I found these speakers on vidsonix. They are black, waterproof and come with a mounting bracket. I plan to mount them in between the forks using the screw that keeps the blinkers on the bike. Because of the speakers size and flatness they will fit perfectly. I also found an amp, its a DWG 150W and it comes with a remote control. I just ordered all the items and I will try to take pics of the installation. I'm hoping it all comes out great so you guys can take advantage.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I wonder if Reckless fairings has a batwing for the Vic. I had one on my Royal star. It was pretty inexpensive and I had a kenwood HU and 2 6.5 speakers in it. The fairing was about 350.00 inner and outer

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys sorry for the delay but between waiting for the shipments to arrive and work I was not able to post an update. I am kicking myself because I didn't take step by step pictures for you guys but I did make a video so you guys can check out the end product. I wanted to keep the stream line look of the bike so hopefully I achieved that. I bought some 2'' marine speakers from vidsonix.com for about 25 bucks and a water proof amplifier to power it. The amplifier is a Pyle model #PLMRMP1A. I picked this one up from Amazon for like $45 dollars. So these two items plus a couple of connectors, and some heat shrink and the job was complete. All for under 100 bucks, here is the link so you guys can check it out!

http://youtu.be/PlAMuDdeEKI

Let me know what you guys think!cheers

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey guys sorry for the delay but between waiting for the shipments to arrive and work I was not able to post an update. I am kicking myself because I didn't take step by step pictures for you guys but I did make a video so you guys can check out the end product. I wanted to keep the stream line look of the bike so hopefully I achieved that. I bought some 2'' marine speakers from vidsonix.com for about 25 bucks and a water proof amplifier to power it. The amplifier is a Pyle model #PLMRMP1A. I picked this one up from Amazon for like $45 dollars. So these two items plus a couple of connectors, and some heat shrink and the job was complete. All for under 100 bucks, here is the link so you guys can check it out!

Awesome setup. Can you hear at speed over the wind and engine tho?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I made a custom setup thats pretty clean. I used Kuryakyn Sounds of Chrome speakers with XM Sirius radio. I moved my speedo to a custom mount on the LH side of thre engine and loacted the speakers where the tach and speedo usually sit. I have to run the windshield to block the wind noise at speed, but it sounds pretty decent! I hope the pics loaded.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At a high speed because of the wind hitting my ears that by the way stick out a little more than normal it is some what faint but cruising at 40-50 I can hear it fine.

·
Registered
931 Posts

I was just checking out the site for the speakers. What model number are those? and How did you mount them?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just checking out the site for the speakers. What model number are those? and How did you mount them?
Here is the model number VX-882FRB. I used the L bracket that comes with the speakers and just drilled a larger opening so that the screw that holds the blinker on would fit through it. They are water proof speakers, and I did this setup because I don't want to add a batwing. I want to keep that sleek look the bike has.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can't do a set of Bose headphones in you helmet somehow...saves cluttering the bike...

Assumption here...down under is you wear a helmet..LOL as legally we must..

Hope you get a working solution..cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went with the Boss Audio MC400 kit. Amp is under the seat and I attached the speakers to my Multi Bar. They're big but they're 300W each and don't look bad in that location.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can't do a set of Bose headphones in you helmet somehow...saves cluttering the bike...

Assumption here...down under is you wear a helmet..LOL as legally we must..

Hope you get a working solution..cheers
Bose are a joke amongst people who actually know sound. "if there are no highs and no lows.. must be a Bose". Overpriced rubbish

1 - 16 of 16 Posts