Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

audio stuff

6K views 50 replies 8 participants last post by  psychodiablo 
#1 ·
i have the audio input cord installed and sound works good. is there a cord of some sort that can be used so i can adjust my i pod with bike buttons or not.

#3 ·
the i pod is 4 3/8 L X 2 3/8 W, it is around 10 or so yrs old,16g.

#5 ·
are there any cheaper ones around.

#6 ·
They've been hard to find for awhile.

I've never seen one made aftermarket if that's what you mean.

#7 ·
i might give it go then.

#8 ·
they were out of stock. any other ideas on where to find.

#10 ·
I just replaced my factory radio with an aftermarket unit, so I have a 30-pin iPhone cord that I'm not using. Going to be a week or so until I can get it out of the bike, and I had to splice in my own connector because I had defective pins in one of the OEM plugs, but it works. I can post some photos after I remove it from the bike.

#11 ·
Option

If you' re going to get it from broggyr then disregard however, I found this one at https://shop.zacksvtwin.com/victory...dio-accessories-detail.htm?productid=10270631

It's for 2011 and beyond and looks exactly like the one I put on mine. Again, if broggyr is going to hook you up forget I said it. Note you will have to remove the adapter you added as the IPOD uses it's plug plus one pair more and unless you get and extension cable and move it to your saddlebag it will eat up space in your glove box...just sayin'..... With any luck it will be pug and play. If not you'll have to take it to a dealer to have them update your software.....LMYR

#12 ·
Can't beat that deal ^^^ It's way less than what I paid for mine.

#13 ·
pics please. i need it to work with an ipod. i dont have an iphone.

#14 ·
If it has a 30-pin plug, it’s the same for (older) iPhones and iPods alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#15 ·
i never had an iphone so i didnt know that. i am going to order the one in the link from rote baron. seems to be exactly what i need.

#16 ·
thanks for the link i ordered the adapter i needed.

Reactions: broggyr
#17 ·
they cancelled my order due to not being available.

#18 ·
the place i tried to order from cancelled order due to availability. so i guess if i want one i will take the one you have.

#19 ·
I plan on taking it out of the bike tomorrow, and I'll post some photos and you can decide then.

#20 ·
thanks and hopefully it will work as needed. its been a PIA trying to find one.

#22 ·
havent had a chance to test the wings yet and still waiting on the scoops to come in. also waiting on the tank lift spacer things to.

#23 ·
Regarding the iPod/iPhone cord, there's been a development. Since I had to splice in my own plugs, I had to cut them off to get it out of the saddlebag. I'll have to splice on another connector.

#24 ·
any pics. how much

#25 ·
i couldnt tell a big change with the wings. still dont have the scoops in yet.

#26 ·
what was you asking for the cord.

#27 ·
Sorry, haven’t been back home since Work today. I was thinking $30 shipped but I haven’t soldered the plugs yet. I’ll send you a few pics and we’ll take it from there. I can even send you the replacement plug and you can solder it yourself. They are quite a bit larger than the OEM plugs (generic type).

#28 ·
ok. ******** love pics.

#29 ·
I forgot to get pics last night. I hope to grab them tonight when I get home from job #2.

#30 ·
FINALLY. Here are the pics. The long piece is an extension cable to reach the saddle bag, I just kind of coiled up the extra.

You know, it just dawned on me that you can cut my connectors off and splice on your own. [emoji3]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.