Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help guys,,

i have a XC and i went from rockford fosgate 2 channel with 2 front speakers alpine ( sound good but i wanted more) then i installed the RF 4 CHANNELS with 2 polk 6.5 in front and 6.9 in saddlebags, for the first 5 minutes sound awesome then it shut off. but display screen and controls still working fine, i rechecked fuse from battery and wires on the fairing and there is nothing wrong, except there is no sound.. i reinstall the previous RFx2( which was working fine) and still no sound.. i change different station on the radio , and shows everything but no sound..
thanks for ur help....................

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Did you try to just hook up the speakers without the amp? If you do and the sound works, then you know there's a problem with the amp.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The issue was the amp burn the power cable right before the fuse holder on the battery. Didnt see it before because it has a cover, i just. Checked the fuse.

Sound weird., but i was just that ..
Now the system sound awesome. I firmly recommends polks speakers and RFx4.. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
What caused that? Something had to cause it to draw enough amperage to cause that problem. May want to check into that before your bike turns into a blazing inferno as you are riding down the road. I tell my mechanics the same thing. Something caused the problem in the first place. Btw....look at my signature! I have Polk Audio speakers in the back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I DID MY RESEARCH AND WHAT HAPPENED WAS, THAT THE GUY WHO INSTALLED MY FIRST AUDIO SYSTEM PUT A POWER CABLE TO BATTERY OF (8GA) , THEN WHEN I INSTALLED MY NEW RF300x4 I DIDNT CHANGED THAT POWER CABLE ( which is to small for the new RF300X4) it burn and corbonized the power cable) I PUT A NEW ONE FOR 500W AMP AND EVERYTHING IS NORMAL NOW... THANKS

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Good deal! Enjoy it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts