Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how in all that is holy do you mount the speaker baffles to the back of the speakers. got the addapter rings mounted with the speakers then mounted to them. i also got the recommended rockford fosgate amp T400x4ADB. i also got wireing kit with bracket. but when i get to installing the bracket it says on frekn package it is for pbr400x4d. dam it what do i frekn do now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i went and fuked up the i pod cord now i need another new cord. whats the part number for the cord with the lighting connector that plugs into the bikes harness.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Not sure they run $50-100 on Facebook sale group for iPod cable. Be more from Vic if they let you buy it. Probably one of those parts that needs VIN verification.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Which bike do you have? If you have the full size head unit in lieu of 8ball getting the T400 in the fairing won’t be easy. Did you buy a Bluetooth adapter also? You don’t the aux cord if you did. The jl audio is perfect to add to your amp (see below). If you want to keep your aux connection or if you have the 32 pin apple connection their are other options too. I have done several of these.. the 5 1/4 speaker will sound better in the fairing with more bass if you leave the stock enclosure pods in place instead of adding 6 1/2’s. They have to mount from the back behind the fairing if you use the 6 1/2’s and remove the enclosure.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-MBT-RX-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B00MH5CFEU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541345219&sr=8-3&keywords=bluetooth+jl+audio[/ame]

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm still trying to understand the need for bass on a motorcycle. My other bike has excellent base with amp and such but comparing that to the Vic cruising down the highway it really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
look at the signiture. the baffles i am talking about are the boom mat ones made of foam. how do i mount them to the speakers.

·
Registered
204 Posts
look at the signiture. the baffles i am talking about are the boom mat ones made of foam. how do i mount them to the speakers.
Trying to help you and you tell me to “look at the signature”... ? Good luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It’s more about “loud” to hear over wind noise. All bass is gone after 20mph. The 5 1/4 will retain more output with the OEM sealed enclosure than using a back mounted 6 1/2 that’s free air and farther away from the grille.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the signiture tells the bike i have.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so it would be better to go with a better 5.25 than the 6.5. rather than fool with the baffles etc and be able to use the stock baffs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was able to cut and splice in a new end with a cord i already had. i got the pbr 400x4d as well as a set of polk 5.25 marine grade speakers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey people i asked a question about how to install the boom mat baffles to the back of the 6.5 speakers and have yet to get an answer.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
hey people i asked a question about how to install the boom mat baffles to the back of the 6.5 speakers and have yet to get an answer.

I added those to my 6.5" speakers and couldn't hear a difference. I screwed them in from the backside putting nuts on the screws that came through from the frontside adaptors.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i didnt want to tear the foam but i guess i could use some sort of ring or washer or something like that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did t you keep them or do something different.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
at the moment i have a set of polk 5.25s in the stock baffs. if i dont like the sound i will try the 6.5s again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don’t even bother with baffles, the speakers will sound fine without them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts