Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!...What a day!...up at 5.30am for a 7am leave to ride 100kms north to the Brisbane Victory Indian Dealership for 4th July ride.
Which we actually had today being the fifth but the fourth in the USA.
We're a day ahead see:)
OK arrived 8.15 for an 8.30 leave, When everyone was assembled I asked to say a few words and told everyone a bit of history on the V92C unveiling on 4/7/98 and offered a few words of thanks to the blokes at the dealership who organise these shop rides and such.
They do a great job, we must have the bestest dealership/workshop in the whole world I reckon!
Rode to Woodford Bakery first then further north via some great mountain roads with a few nice straights thrown in to blow the cobwebs out!
Ended up at Ricks Diner in a little town called Palmwoods behind the Sunshine Coast ...Amazing joint packed to the rafters with memorabilia, and people everywhere...big lineup for food and it was worth the wait.
Victory covered the first $20 of everyones order too:D
Pretty late here now as I one finger type this after 14 hours in the saddle so Im gonna upload a few pix and leave it at that.
Happy Birthday Victory...heres to many more!cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
more pix....theres a Hardball in the showroom now, so I tried it out for size..might see if I can scrape up some cash for it!

coupla pix of my Vegas outside the Diner...and one of a Bull-Terrier guarding an old truck in Murwillumbah, got nothing to do with today though, I took that one last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sounds like a good time! Looks like there were some nice bikes there too. Any idea how many bikes showed up to the ride?

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a good time! Looks like there were some nice bikes there too. Any idea how many bikes showed up to the ride?
The panorama shot outside the diner shows most of the bikes plus there were half a dozen across the road that got there later after a corner marker failed to stay put till tail end charlie came past.
They arrived later, I'm on my phone replying so theyre töo small to count but I'd guess 25 or so all up, maybe more.
Im still buzzing from it, great to have biker cameraderie without all the bullshit, all the 'bro' and 'scooter' talk.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks like a fantastic time MBX , glad you enjoyed ! Great pictures too , thank you for sharing this .

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
You do have a great dealership. Nothing like that around here and never an attempt, most of the dealers are too busy selling 4-wheelers, can-ams, and jet skis to worry about doing an event like that. The exception was our new Indian/Victory/Slingshot dealership that opened up here a few weeks ago. They had a big ride planned for last Saturday so I show up hoping to see some cool Vics and Indians but like usual I was the only Vic in the parking lot besides those for sale. It rained on and off so they cancelled the ride but failed to come out and tell all of us sitting on the outside patio waiting to gather up and ride. Really pissed off myself and the other dozen or so riders . Very unorganized and the owner/managers just didn't seem to care.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
13,239 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. Surprised how many Indians there were

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Cool pictures mate, and your blue vegas is NICE looking mate ....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Great pictures and vid MBX- looks like good times. As youi would know we had the same ride down here (as did Melbourne), except it was friggin freezing!!! Also had about the same amount of bikes, and prolly half were Injins- that sure didnt take long. And I was very pleased to see a Dark Horse too- that would be my Injin if and when that glorious day may come :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts