Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
I'm happy to see the rain over there. That should help a lot in the areas that get rain. It should also maybe clear the air some.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
quite a few outback towns are experiencing dust storms at the moment.
Australia is a land of extremes normally.
the Extremes just seem to be getting more extreme, in all areas.
On a happy note the creek that feeds my favourite mountain swimming hole is flowing again, had a nice swim yesterday🙂
Bottom pic looked at first to be a giant flying fox...more likely a dead cow carcass washed downstream?
Bright n sunny here today with more rain coming🙂

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
More Good News🙂
a lady friend is busily crocheting nests to send to bushfire affected areas for orphaned marsupials.
How Nice🤗
 PART_1579417177950.jpeg
 PART_1579433693021.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
quite a few outback towns are experiencing dust storms at the moment.
Australia is a land of extremes normally.
the Extremes just seem to be getting more extreme, in all areas.
On a happy note the creek that feeds my favourite mountain swimming hole is flowing again, had a nice swim yesterday🙂
Bottom pic looked at first to be a giant flying fox...more likely a dead cow carcass washed downstream?
Bright n sunny here today with more rain coming🙂
That's a hell of a dust storm. We get them like that every once in a while on the Texas high plains. When I was a kid they were real bad and pretty often. Better farming techniques has helped a lot here.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
That was very interesting, we need a whole lot more people talking out like that.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yes Very interesting indeed.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
That was very interesting, we need a whole lot more people talking out like that.
Here is one more, about MONEY

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I love a sunburnt country.
a land of sweeping plains,
of ragged mountain ranges,
of drought and flooding rains!
Dorothea Mackellar
20200211_140258.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
1963 EJ Holden is toast!
Bush is regenerating

not my car or pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
1963 EJ Holden is toast!
Bush is regenerating

not my car or pic.
Now that's a sight to cause crying in the beer; many people rate the EH as the best of the early Holdens, but I love the more flowing lines of the EJ. My old EJ ute is long gone, its iron oxide is helping some paddock go a bit greener.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Now that's a sight to cause crying in the beer; many people rate the EH as the best of the early Holdens, but I love the more flowing lines of the EJ. My old EJ ute is long gone, its iron oxide is helping some paddock go a bit greener.
My last EJ sedan had a red 179 fitted a HP block and 3 sp all synchro box.
One of the many I shoulda kept.
Had lotsa EH vans and utes in my youth and as youd know they retained the earlier EJ tail treatment.
Much nicer flowing lines reminiscent of the '58 Chev Biscayne rear end.
My last EH ute I found in a chook pen and fixed up, tipped it on its roof to repair the floor then welded a semi chassis subframe connector from channel iron!
sold it to a bloke passing thru Warwick, his Harley had broke down and he needed a cheap ute to get his bike home.
Regret that sale too!

·
Registered
156 Posts
My last EJ sedan had a red 179 fitted a HP block and 3 sp all synchro box.
One of the many I shoulda kept.
Had lotsa EH vans and utes in my youth and as youd know they retained the earlier EJ tail treatment.
Much nicer flowing lines reminiscent of the '58 Chev Biscayne rear end.
My last EH ute I found in a chook pen and fixed up, tipped it on its roof to repair the floor then welded a semi chassis subframe connector from channel iron!
sold it to a bloke passing thru Warwick, his Harley had broke down and he needed a cheap ute to get his bike home.
Regret that sale too!
I can imagine you taking that to an annual roadworthy inspection, if we had them here! I ran my
EJ for about 3 months without a first gear. I don't know what was wrong, I was too busy keeping BSA singles alive to even have a look at it. I did a fair number of desperate U turns when I ran out of grunt in 2nd, and finished chugging up the hills in reverse. Ah, country roads in the early 1970's. Found a workable gearbox in a wrecked EK sedan abandoned in some bush, rolled it over with some mates roped in to help with the promise of a carton and pulled the gearbox, left it lying on its roof.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Oz certainly takes extremes to the extreme.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Oz certainly takes extremes to the extreme.
Yeah mate, we are a bit extreme under here . Goes with the territory😎
Absolutely pissing down here right now, localised flooding, good time to stay off the bike, stay off the roads for that matter.
Sun came out for a coupla hours yesterday, was glorious.😀

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
The good part is, you don't have to shovel rain.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Yeah mate, we are a bit extreme under here . Goes with the territory😎
Absolutely pissing down here right now, localised flooding, good time to stay off the bike, stay off the roads for that matter.
Sun came out for a coupla hours yesterday, was glorious.😀
You're getting rain in your area, but from what I read. Australia still has a lot of fires burning.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You're getting rain in your area, but from what I read. Australia still has a lot of fires burning.
Youd probably know more than me then, I dont watch TV, the news , or read newspapers.
Get along quite nicely without them.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts