Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new ACM, part # 4011536 for sale. I ordered a new one thinking I fried my ACM only to find out it was just a bad ground. Victory won't let me return it since it is an electronic device. Retails $285 new. Selling for $220 shipped.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Lesson learned the hard way, eh? Always try the cheap and easy fixes first. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am interested! Can you please help me diagnose mine to confirm its the ACM?

If I can confirm it. I will buy yours.

Mine is a 2007 Vegas. I have the rear led turn signal bought from ebay.
The front turns are original non-led.

The bike came with the led rear signal. So it has been on there for years!

One of the wires on that rear led light broke (they're so thin) and at first it was just the left rear turn signal that stopped working.
Then the left front quit after a couple months! I checked the bulb and its OK.
I have since replaced the rear signal with the same style led signal and still, no left turns on either rear or front.

Where did you find your bad ground at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If we can figure this out, hopefully we can help each other here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry for the late response. Yes it is still for sale. Have you tried running the diagnostic test on your bike to see what codes it is providing? Try checking that first, I'd hate for you to make the same mistake I did and purchase an expensive part for your bike that you don't need. Check your manual for the self-diagnostic on the auto cancel module. I posted the steps below to help out also.

1. Turn ignition key OFF.
2. Turn hazard switch ON.
3. Turn ignition key ON.
4. Pull and release the front brake lever (or rear brake pedal) 3 times within a 3 second period to enable the diagnostic mode.

- All 4 turn signal bulbs will illuminate for 1 second then go out, to indicate the diagnostic mode has been enabled. (Only bulbs in working order will illuminate)

- The "blink codes" now start flashing on the turn signals.

Then refer to this chart for what the codes mean...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay, thank you so much for that.

However I am getting codes 12, 13 and 16.

The rear LED Turn Signal is brand new which I just replaced because the old one broken.

And the two front bulbs themselves are both good because I tested them in the front right fixture that works.

It talks about unplugging the harness under the seat. But then talks about code 14. I don't have 14. Maybe I am misreading that.

But it's awfully odd that one code says it's under current and the other is over current..

Any input on that?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like your ACM to be honest. It is a ridiculously fragile component. Did you make sure your wires were not reversed when installing your LEDs. If I recall, the wire colors on the right side are opposite of what you might think. I can't remember the color scheme for sure, but I think the black/blue wire was the ground. Don't quote me on that though, a quick search on here will help with that.

·
Premium Member
13,050 Posts
The front right turn signal is the culprit due to having reversed wiring. When people hook them up the same way as the rest of them they end up trashing the ACM.

One other option is to bypass the ACM and go manual. In other words you have to remember to turn off the signals. My 04 KP is stock that way. Just took a little getting used to but sometimes I still forget. I don't know how to bypass the ACM. I'm sure there are some instructions posted somewhere.

Aviator; I apologize for crashing your thread but felt knowing the info was more important than a sale which is likely why you posted the info on how to test it. Good on you for that! I think most people will opt for fixing the issue rather than bypassing it anyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely not pushing to sell my ACM, that's the reason I have an extra one because I didn't test all other options before jumping to the conclusion that I needed a new one. With what is being said though, I can safely assume your ACM is toast. I couldn't help you much with bypassing it, I'm sure a forum search could yield some results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The front right turn signal is the culprit due to having reversed wiring. When people hook them up the same way as the rest of them they end up trashing the ACM.
The front signal is the problem?

I did replace the left fixture because it broke, used the old rear fixture that was removed. I can't remember what they wiring looked like exactly but I would have swore I plugged them back in the same way....... I can double check that I suppose.

But is that what you meant? Since you didn't know that I had replaced that before. Just making sure I understand what you mean.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely not pushing to sell my ACM, that's the reason I have an extra one because I didn't test all other options before jumping to the conclusion that I needed a new one. With what is being said though, I can safely assume your ACM is toast. I couldn't help you much with bypassing it, I'm sure a forum search could yield some results.
How can I pay you for this? I am going to assume my ACM is toast too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Typically it's the front right signal that the wires can get reversed. If you were working with the front left and using stock signals with connectors I'm not sure what could cause the short.

Have you tried testing your grounds going into and out of the ACM? If you have a multimeter I could give you advice on how to test it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I've not done anything to the front right side besides using the bulb to see if the left side bulb was bad. Never messed with wiring. And both fronts are oem standard bulb units.

I have a good multimeter. I can test grounds if you can tell me where to test.

Maybe this won't be necessary.

So when my rear left went out, the rest worked and I kept riding because I knew the wire broke on theach led rear signal. The gauge of wire is so small.
Then after a couple of months the rearight right went out. Then I noticed the front left was out too.

HOWEVER, the wire to the led rear right also broke!
Could it possibly be that it shorted and that is what damaged the ACME?

I don't understand why they use such incredibly thin wire on these lights. I tried to reinforce the new lights wires to prevent that from happening again.

But BOTH left and right rear wires broke. I did NOT tape them off so they could have grounded on the fender.

That is my guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a brand new ACM, part # 4011536 for sale. I ordered a new one thinking I fried my ACM only to find out it was just a bad ground. Victory won't let me return it since it is an electronic device. Retails $285 new. Selling for $220 shipped.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts