Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that this information will save someone else a lot of headaches.

I have a 2007 Vegas 8 Ball that has the Ness LED turn signals/license plate eliminator on it. It has been fine for years, but recently both the left turn signals stopped working. I checked all the wiring and everything was good. No pinches, corrosion, exposures, etc. After taking readings, I found that my Auto Cancel Module had no output signal for the left turn signals and when I applied 12 volts to the left signals, they all lit. So my wiring and lights were good.

I spent a lot of time looking for a used ACM since the dealership wanted $310 for a new one. After a month of no success I found a good price on a brand new one. Acceptable part numbers were 4010903, 4011713, and the latest P/N of 2879713. I ordered a 2879713 module and it came pretty quickly. When I opened the package it had another package inside that had P/N 4011536. That part number was only for the 2008 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, and Jackpot. The connector looked the same, but the mounting brackets were different. So I checked all the wiring diagrams, and it was exactly the same.

The directions that came with the part said 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin and Jackpot. Well, needless to say, I tried it out after I confirmed that all the wires were the same and it works.

What disappoints me is when I typed in the 4011536 P/N on the same site i ordered 2879713 from, the 4011536 was cheaper. It was the same exact part!!!

So, if you're having trouble finding an Auto Cancel Module for 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, or Jackpot try looking for a 2008. They WILL work.

Also, I know a guy who is looking for damaged ones if you have a broken one lying around. He is actively trying to repair them or figure out a more cost effective replacement.

·
Registered
374 Posts

I have a 2007 Vegas 8 Ball that has the Ness LED turn signals/license plate eliminator on it. It has been fine for years, but recently both the left turn signals stopped working. I checked all the wiring and everything was good. No pinches, corrosion, exposures, etc. After taking readings, I found that my Auto Cancel Module had no output signal for the left turn signals and when I applied 12 volts to the left signals, they all lit. So my wiring and lights were good.

I spent a lot of time looking for a used ACM since the dealership wanted $310 for a new one. After a month of no success I found a good price on a brand new one. Acceptable part numbers were 4010903, 4011713, and the latest P/N of 2879713. I ordered a 2879713 module and it came pretty quickly. When I opened the package it had another package inside that had P/N 4011536. That part number was only for the 2008 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, and Jackpot. The connector looked the same, but the mounting brackets were different. So I checked all the wiring diagrams, and it was exactly the same.

The directions that came with the part said 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin and Jackpot. Well, needless to say, I tried it out after I confirmed that all the wires were the same and it works.

What disappoints me is when I typed in the 4011536 P/N on the same site i ordered 2879713 from, the 4011536 was cheaper. It was the same exact part!!!

So, if you're having trouble finding an Auto Cancel Module for 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, or Jackpot try looking for a 2008. They WILL work.

Also, I know a guy who is looking for damaged ones if you have a broken one lying around. He is actively trying to repair them or figure out a more cost effective replacement.
What site did you order from?

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks heaps for the info about replacing the ACM . I have been looking for a month also , was pleased to read the 2008 #4011536 will work with my 2007 Hammer ! Its very appreciated info . Cheers .

·
Registered
11 Posts

Can you please supply me with the contact to purchase the above , I’ve been looking for ages , same problem with my 2007 Hammer , I’ll appreciate any assistance! Thanks .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had the same issue with my 2007 Vegas 8 Ball. You can still find these at Victorypartspro.com for around $300. A cheaper way to(if its a turn signal issue) is to get an LED flasher relay, then have the turn signal wire bypassed to that relay and map the output for the lights to the load side of the relay. That way you can still use your regular turn signal switch to make the lights work. about a $30 dollar fix but electrical/wiring experience is required.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
But then the turn signals would NOT auto-cancel, correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. After completing the tuen you would have to push in the switch to neutralize the circuit. Which is a small safer habit to practice if you dont want to chuck up the money.

·
13,242 Posts
Try The Vic Werks they might have a couple

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the same issue with my 2007 Vegas 8 Ball. You can still find these at Victorypartspro.com for around $300. A cheaper way to(if its a turn signal issue) is to get an LED flasher relay, then have the turn signal wire bypassed to that relay and map the output for the lights to the load side of the relay. That way you can still use your regular turn signal switch to make the lights work. about a $30 dollar fix but electrical/wiring experience is required.
Any details on how to go about this? I could careless about auto canceling, not a fan of that system anyways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any details on how to go about this? I could careless about auto canceling, not a fan of that system anyways.
If its only one turn signal bad: You would need a 3 prong LED flasher relay, some wire, some spade terminal connectors and wiring diagram for your bike. Run a hot wire from your battery to the hot supply on the LED relay. Using the wire diagram, find the signal wire going from your turn signal switch back to the flasher(for the one that doesn’t work) and sever that wire. Extend that wire over to your 0v side of the LED relay. On my 2008 Vegas 8ball the signals from the turn signal switch are grounded (continuity) connections, thats why treat them as 0v. Then find the power wire on your bad flasher that outputs to the The bad signal side. Sever it and run A wire from your 3rd prong(Load) on your LED relay to thAt Wire. And wallah! Now you can use your turn signals again like you did before but would have to cancel the bad side yourself. There should be plenty of room under the side or behind the side covering to hide the new flasher

·
Registered
2 Posts
If its only one turn signal bad: You would need a 3 prong LED flasher relay, some wire, some spade terminal connectors and wiring diagram for your bike. Run a hot wire from your battery to the hot supply on the LED relay. Using the wire diagram, find the signal wire going from your turn signal switch back to the flasher(for the one that doesn’t work) and sever that wire. Extend that wire over to your 0v side of the LED relay. On my 2008 Vegas 8ball the signals from the turn signal switch are grounded (continuity) connections, thats why treat them as 0v. Then find the power wire on your bad flasher that outputs to the The bad signal side. Sever it and run A wire from your 3rd prong(Load) on your LED relay to thAt Wire. And wallah! Now you can use your turn signals again like you did before but would have to cancel the bad side yourself. There should be plenty of room under the side or behind the side covering to hide the new flasher
I appreciate it! Will be doing this very shortly!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts