Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that this information will save someone else a lot of headaches.

I have a 2007 Vegas 8 Ball that has the Ness LED turn signals/license plate eliminator on it. It has been fine for years, but recently both the left turn signals stopped working. I checked all the wiring and everything was good. No pinches, corrosion, exposures, etc. After taking readings, I found that my Auto Cancel Module had no output signal for the left turn signals and when I applied 12 volts to the left signals, they all lit. So my wiring and lights were good.

I spent a lot of time looking for a used ACM since the dealership wanted $310 for a new one. After a month of no success I found a good price on a brand new one. Acceptable part numbers were 4010903, 4011713, and the latest P/N of 2879713. I ordered a 2879713 module and it came pretty quickly. When I opened the package it had another package inside that had P/N 4011536. That part number was only for the 2008 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, and Jackpot. The connector looked the same, but the mounting brackets were different. So I checked all the wiring diagrams, and it was exactly the same.

The directions that came with the part said 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin and Jackpot. Well, needless to say, I tried it out after I confirmed that all the wires were the same and it works.

What disappoints me is when I typed in the 4011536 P/N on the same site i ordered 2879713 from, the 4011536 was cheaper. It was the same exact part!!!

So, if you're having trouble finding an Auto Cancel Module for 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, or Jackpot try looking for a 2008. They WILL work.

Also, I know a guy who is looking for damaged ones if you have a broken one lying around. He is actively trying to repair them or figure out a more cost effective replacement.

·
Registered
374 Posts

I have a 2007 Vegas 8 Ball that has the Ness LED turn signals/license plate eliminator on it. It has been fine for years, but recently both the left turn signals stopped working. I checked all the wiring and everything was good. No pinches, corrosion, exposures, etc. After taking readings, I found that my Auto Cancel Module had no output signal for the left turn signals and when I applied 12 volts to the left signals, they all lit. So my wiring and lights were good.

I spent a lot of time looking for a used ACM since the dealership wanted $310 for a new one. After a month of no success I found a good price on a brand new one. Acceptable part numbers were 4010903, 4011713, and the latest P/N of 2879713. I ordered a 2879713 module and it came pretty quickly. When I opened the package it had another package inside that had P/N 4011536. That part number was only for the 2008 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, and Jackpot. The connector looked the same, but the mounting brackets were different. So I checked all the wiring diagrams, and it was exactly the same.

The directions that came with the part said 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin and Jackpot. Well, needless to say, I tried it out after I confirmed that all the wires were the same and it works.

What disappoints me is when I typed in the 4011536 P/N on the same site i ordered 2879713 from, the 4011536 was cheaper. It was the same exact part!!!

So, if you're having trouble finding an Auto Cancel Module for 2004-2007 Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, or Jackpot try looking for a 2008. They WILL work.

Also, I know a guy who is looking for damaged ones if you have a broken one lying around. He is actively trying to repair them or figure out a more cost effective replacement.
What site did you order from?

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks heaps for the info about replacing the ACM . I have been looking for a month also , was pleased to read the 2008 #4011536 will work with my 2007 Hammer ! Its very appreciated info . Cheers .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts