Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I keep seeing different threads about the auto tune setup.

I see people running all different ratios at different spots.

Admittedly it's understandable, different bikes, different configurations etc.

So I'm curious.

2012 CCT.

VM Cams, PC-V w/A-tune, Lloyd filter, unlocked ECU, timing wheel set to +2, nascar6 re baffled pipes.

I hear all these reports about bikes pulling like a freight train etc.

Well when I first got my cams and it tuned with the VFC, didn't feel like much.

Upgraded to the PC-V with A-tune, it's better but I don't feel like the bike is running all that strong. My A/F ratios have ran anywhere from 13.9(cruise) to 13.4 full throttle range to 13.7 cruise to 13.0 full throttle.

Just not noticing much difference. So i'm curious for those with similar setups to mine,

What ratio/RPM range are you running? Are you happy with your performance/mpg...?

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Aren't you supposed to have it dyno tuned first then the auto tune maintains it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Go get it dyno tuned by a reputable tuner , you won't believe the difference . Then you won't need the AT .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go get it dyno tuned by a reputable tuner , you won't believe the difference . Then you won't need the AT .
well therein lies the problem. No reputable tuner in my general area.

I'd rather not toss $200-300 towards someone unless I know they're doing their job properly.

That's why I went auto tune and I'm asking what people are running for AFR's

If I had the time I'd run to the Vic shop, it's only 6 hours away but it's late season, it would be an overnight trip and I just don't have the free time right now.

I was lucky to be in Des Moines on business a few years back, Rylan put my cams in and dialed in the VFC3 but that was his pre dyno days.

Was never really happy with the cold surging so I went to PC-V. It runs better with it but just curious what has traditionally performed the best AF range/rpm etc for my configuration?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
There are a few guys here the swear by the autotune , hopefully they will chime in and help make setting it up easier for you .

·
13,247 Posts
Maybe sent Rylan a email and tell him your setting and how he could improve on them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've attached my PVM file as an attachment zipped up in case anyone is curious enough to take a look at it.

Until I can get back to Iowa and have it tuned by someone.

It could very well be that my bike is fine, just that my idea of performance greatly differs from someone elses idea of performance.

The fun thing is the ability to 'play' with the settings to find the happy spot, the downside is the butt dyno is different from person to person.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gossamer , read this , it is all you need to know . This covers just about everything on the AT .
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=24969&highlight=STINKYBUTT
I know what the AUTO TUNE, and how it works. What I'm asking is what are people WITH my setup running for A/F ratios?

I've had it on the bike for 15,000 miles or so now(currently at almost 38,000). I've had cams in my bike since the Vic shop installed them in 2012.

I've played with various settings, fuel maps etc. Trying to find the sweet spot performance wise.

Asking if anyone wants to share their settings so that I can try them a while.

The beauty of this device is the end users ability to play with it, change it, look for better options.

I know i'm not the only Cross bike with cams/filter/etc running this tuner.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nothing to say sorry for, maybe my original request wasn't clear enough.

just one of those, I know what my findings have been, curious as what everyone else comes up with for their setup.

I know a lot of people spend a lot of money with various people for their tunes.

I know a lot people don't have good tuners in the area so the A/T feature is a nice thing to have and allows endless playing.

Season is near end for me so I'm looking at playing around before I put her to bed for the season.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1411579740.950005.jpg heres mine , no cams though

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Not knowing how the auto-tune works myself, I imagine if you can dial in your own AFR's in different areas of the map, you can probably tweak it to be pretty darn seriously optimized.

Kyle set my initial throttle pretty much at that "ideal" AFR, then the mid-cruising range at a fairly MPG-friendly AFR on the leaner side but not too far lean, then it gets pretty rich at WOT. Wish I could remember the details better what those AFR #'s were.

That said, a set of Freedom duals just showed up at the door, so all bets are off now on that dyno'd map. Will try a canned map for my setup and see, then maybe play with the AT down the road. You bet I'll be comparing the dyno'd tri-oval map to the canned Freedom dual map, just to analyze the differences.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yes you set your af mix where you want it and it trims the map from there, just need the right af mix.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I imagine then it could be a fun iterative process then in a certain throttle position and RPM range simply addressing the weak spots with a tweak at one or both cylinders. I bet after the 1000th adjustment a guy could get pretty good at it. :)

·
13,247 Posts
Why are you so stubborn? Write Rylan and ask for a map. It would be so simple to do .

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I imagine then it could be a fun iterative process then in a certain throttle position and RPM range simply addressing the weak spots with a tweak at one or both cylinders. I bet after the 1000th adjustment a guy could get pretty good at it. :)

you have a pcv now ? with or without auto tune?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
its pretty easy to do, nice thing is when you have it and you load a canned map, you can see why it ran so bad!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts