Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PCV and AT-300 installed on the bike (see sig for details) and I've ridden it 5 or 6 times for about 150 miles and every time I plug it into my computer, I am getting the PCV and the computer to talk (sending maps, viewing RPM's, etc) but when I go to the AutoTune Table, it is filled with zeros. There are no trims to accept.

I am using M19-001-003.pvm map from Power Commander and it is for a 2009 Vegas/Kingpin with Ness Sling Shot exhaust and a K&N air filter (this was the closest map to my set up). I need the AutoTune to reconfigure the map for me so I can get the most out of my bike & mods.

The light comes on on the autotune and it looks like it is functioning. I have gone to PowerCommander Tools -> Feature Enables and Input Selections -> Check box 'AutoTune' and click 'Configure'. I require a run time of 120 seconds so the bike can warm up on its own, no temp sensor, 20% maximum trims, 2 o2 sensors. Does the bike need to be on, ignition only, running for it to get the map from autotune? Am I missing something?

In the mean time, I am going to try what this guy does, to see if it is even running (since it is impossible to ride with a computer): http://youtu.be/PuBIAav8ktA

·
13,038 Posts
why not Call dyno jet and get all the details from them. Give them all the info you can 1-800-992-4993

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Are you sure all the connections between the at and pcv are good? That happened to me the first time i rode with the at. I got no trims, i looked and the at light was not on, i had one loose connection between the pcv and the O2 sensors. Tightened them all up and rode it again, then one wasnt reading, same thing, retightened connections and all good. Start the bike, watch the light, you have a 120 second delay and then the light should come on if i remember correct.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure all the connections between the at and pcv are good? That happened to me the first time i rode with the at. I got no trims, i looked and the at light was not on, i had one loose connection between the pcv and the O2 sensors. Tightened them all up and rode it again, then one wasnt reading, same thing, retightened connections and all good. Start the bike, watch the light, you have a 120 second delay and then the light should come on if i remember correct.

When I click the GET MAP button, I get the map from the AT, so it should be all good. I'll check the O2 sensor connections at the AT. I wish they were a simple plug in connection instead of the the screw in terminals.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
So it shows the af readings at the right of the map boxes? And the af settings in the boxes? And the light is on on the at box?

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
Plug the bike into a laptop, warm the engine up, and shut it off.
Call Power Commander support on the phone. 1-800-992-4993
The tech will walk you through troubleshooting OR he can log in to your computer and do it remotely.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
The at tables should only be setup for one of the canned maps from dynojet....it will have all the a/f ratios on it but no trims. The at comes with those numbers put in...it isn't reading what is in each range. Do you have a/f ratio numbers showing up under the rpms and such on the display? You may have to enable the display for the a/f ratios in the software. If you aren't reading any ratios then you may want to check the can connection between the auto tune and the pc5. The light is power...you have to have the can cord from the auto tune plugged into one of the can slots on the pc5...and there MUST be a black cover over the open ports. If that black cover isn't there then the two won't "talk" correctly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The at tables should only be setup for one of the canned maps from dynojet....it will have all the a/f ratios on it but no trims. The at comes with those numbers put in...it isn't reading what is in each range. Do you have a/f ratio numbers showing up under the rpms and such on the display? You may have to enable the display for the a/f ratios in the software. If you aren't reading any ratios then you may want to check the can connection between the auto tune and the pc5. The light is power...you have to have the can cord from the auto tune plugged into one of the can slots on the pc5...and there MUST be a black cover over the open ports. If that black cover isn't there then the two won't "talk" correctly.
I checked out all my connections and found that all were properly connected. I found the black plastic port cover in the box and plugged it into the unused port and voila it worked. The PCV comes with two rubber port covers and I figured rubber would be better than plastic at keeping out the elements, so I plugged one into the PCV and one into the AT. Apparently the AT doesn't like the rubber port cover and needs the plastic one.

Thanks for the advice lykoi! you get a gold star for helping me out!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I had the same issue when I first installed mine. Got on the phone with PC and the first question they asked me is: "Did you put the dead plug in the empty port on the Auto Tune?"

Ah crap! That was my problem. They said it happens all the time. While I was on the phone they remote connected and made sure all was good.

So......CHECK THAT DEAD PLUG!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
S$it! I completely passed over your post that said you did that. Good. Sorry. I was quick to post before reading all the responses.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I had the same issue when I first installed mine. Got on the phone with PC and the first question they asked me is: "Did you put the dead plug in the empty port on the Auto Tune?"

Ah crap! That was my problem. They said it happens all the time. While I was on the phone they remote connected and made sure all was good.

I've been pm'd a few times with this same question, in the instructions it doesn't say much or emphasize how important the "Can termination plug" is. Also alot of people forget to turn the autotune on in the software...

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

Same here, except it was the dealer who forgot to install the dead plug. So, for the year I ran it, it was useless...until I called and got the company on the phone and they figured it out. Had to order the plug and when it arrived I got back on the phone with them and between them and Half_Crazy, they squared me away.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I am having this issue right now. The can termination plug is there. It was already installed when it came. I pulled it out and it looks as though one of the connector in it it is damaged. I will have to call in the morning and see what Dynojet says.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts