Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about this in various threads but can't seem to see where folks get them.

Can't find it on Lloydz site.

Anyone got a link?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I've read about this in various threads but can't seem to see where folks get them.

Anyone got a link?
Various places to get one from. Give this guy a call/email and see how much he can get it for you.

Paul Tomanicek - Parts Sales
(419) 891-1230
(877)-437-1631
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Anyone got a link?
The Power Commander Auto Tune ONLY works in conjunction with the Power Commander units and I noticed that you don't have one listed in your signature line so you would need to buy not only the Auto Tune but the PC-V as well in order to be able to use the AT. You can usually buy both as a combo for around $600 but on the positive side, you would then be able to sell your Lloyds VFC-III and could probably get around $150 for that

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Power Commander Auto Tune ONLY works in conjunction with the Power Commander units and I noticed that you don't have one listed in your signature line so you would need to buy not only the Auto Tune but the PC-V as well in order to be able to use the AT. You can usually buy both as a combo for around $600 but on the positive side, you would then be able to sell your Lloyds VFC-III and could probably get around $150 for that
Now just how did you uncover my "plan" ??? :D cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
.....It does sound like a pretty good plan !thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
What would you recommend with a PC-V; auto tuner or a dyno tune?
OK cancel that- I just caught up on the other current thread- all clear.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What would you recommend with a PC-V; auto tuner or a dyno tune?
OK cancel that- I just caught up on the current thread- all clear.
Dyno tune by a Victory professional

·
Registered
108 Posts
Depends what you think your future upgrades will be. Dyno needed more than once or twice? Autotune tunes itself after each upgrade?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yeah got that- thanks Squatch thumb up

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depends what you think your future upgrades will be. Dyno needed more than once or twice? Autotune tunes itself after each upgrade?
At this time the "plan" is for a PCV and Dyno ...then I'll run with that for a while and decide if I want to add the Autotune.

·
Registered
848 Posts
SilvT,

Talk to Rylan (The Vic Shop) or Kyle (KMC) about what Auto tune buys you or doesn't. Talking to both I am fine with the Dyno tune. I waited until I got all my mods lined up then pulled the trigger.

KMC did a great job tuning my ride.

Cheers

Ride happy

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SilvT,

Talk to Rylan (The Vic Shop) or Kyle (KMC) about what Auto tune buys you or doesn't. Talking to both I am fine with the Dyno tune. I waited until I got all my mods lined up then pulled the trigger.

KMC did a great job tuning my ride.

Cheers

Ride happy
Up here in Canuck land, we are limited as to dyno-tuners who work on Vics. I have found a local guy who has and he seems fairly knowledgeable ... I'll discuss that with him to see what his comments are first since those guys you mention are LD and I would never actually do business there (too far).

Thanks for the suggestion tho thumb up cheers

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Squatch, you indicated you talked to the Dyno tuners at a couple of shops and you went that route when the time came. To save on phone calls bothering them, can you let us know what they said and why you went that way?

In the past, modifications to carb jetting and injector firing were learned alchemy and the Dynomometers are simply a test-bed to provide them with results of their latest modifications. To my thinking, once one of the many present model-specific pre-built maps are installed and the autotuners are adjusting for the combustion, any difference the techs could provide in their tuning through the gears/throttle position would be minimal. A bit different perhaps but I wouldn't think noticeable to anyone not on a dragstrip.

I was looking at going the same route until I saw the autotuners and what they can do. Now I'm leaning more towards them. What sold you on the technician route?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
The auto tuners tune to canned maps that dynojet feels should be proper a/f ratios. Those maps are usually pretty rich for most tastes. I don't have a dyno tuner close so I went with the auto tune. YOU have to input the ranges and a/f ratios you want in the cells for the rpm ranges. You ride the bike for a while and then you go back into the software and accept the trims (the differences between what the a/f ratio is and what it should be)...then you do it all again if the differences are great enough. With the preset a/f ratios I was as much as 22% off in some cases. It is a lot of research and info to get the auto tune dialed in to work. You are better off if you have a GREAT dyno guy around you to get all your mods done and run on a dyno. I would say all in all auto tune is well worth the money if you are willing to put in the time to figure it out and don't have a GREAT dyno guy around you.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
SilvrT - where did you find a qualified Vic dyno guy? I am in Cowtown and have Dyno'd bike twice and still not overly happy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Guy has a shop as well as a mobile in Langley. As for "qualified Vic dyno" ... I can't comment to that nor did I say he was. He has worked on Vics and has had good results (according to him) so I will be checking him out and giving him a shot. He highly recommends the PC-V. His rate is $350 to dyno tune the bike.

http://masdynoservices.com/

There is also Jarz [ http://jarzperformance.com/ ] but they're primarily Harley and their prices are representative of that LOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys get the Auto Tune 300, install it, set the AF tables above throttle opening 5% at 13.7 and let the AT tune as you ride when you get home hook it up to your computer(laptop) and except the trims and it starts all over again until it's tuned completely....it may take many trips/rides to get there but it will......if you live in an area that has someone that knows Vic's just get a PCV and get it Dyno tuned. Either way it's going to cost you around $600usd....With the AT-300 you can add more go fast stuff later without the need of someone knowing how to Dyno tune a Vic, if you're done adding go fast stuff just get it Dyno tuned by someone who knows Vic's.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts