Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where has anyone mounted an aux fuse block on their XCT?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Pauljp has one of his nice videos on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPmDkg6rc6w

I don't have a fuse block on my XCT (although I do use Powerlet's Termin-8, in order not to glom up battery bolts), but I did do that on some prior bikes. My general advice is to put it where most of the action is, in order to minimize the wires runs from it.

For instance, if you add extra lights on the forks and a horn in the fairing, it seems to make sense to put the block in the fairing, too.

Similarly, if you're adding a lot of action to the back or middle of a bike -- license-frame lights, flashing brake lights, maybe some LED strips -- then you might want to find space under a side cover or under the seat (which is not so well suited for our Vics, but works for a lot of other bikes).

For every wire that crosses the neck of the bike, you have to make sure there's adequate slack and that it doesn't get pinched in lock-to-lock handlebar turns.

I wouldn't base a decision on how easy it is to replace a fuse, because if you do your wiring right replacing a fuse should be a rare or non-existent event.

Reactions: BenD

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I bought a new battery in March and the battery terminals had 2 sets of connection screws - one straight up and one 90° from it. I was able to use the side screws for my 'extras' without hindering the main connections.

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
broggyr what make of battery?

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Aux Fuseblock

My brother and I both mounted aux fuseblocks under the right hand side cover on our XC bikes. We ran a lead from the battery to the top post of the block, size 8 AWG wire, which should handle up to a 30 amp load. There are (6) slots or regular or mini-type fuses. We use them for show LED lights, Motolight driving lights, as well as for the Amp for the after market stereo.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts