Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AUX power does not work and it was intermittent before due to rust inside. Has any replaced it before and have a good part number or supplier to recommend. It looks simple once the fairing is off. Just want to do it right.

Michael

·
Premium Member
31 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,955 Posts
I smell spam

·
Registered
303 Posts
I tried installing one of those, but there wasn’t enough room to turn the retaining nut.

·
Registered
101 Posts
this will replace your lighter: 12V QC 3.0 USB Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter Fast Charger Adapter Outlet | eBay

You can pry the old one out, the wires are long enough to come with it. The only modification is taking a dremel to one of the terminals on the charger to fit the smaller plug on the bike. I've replaced the one in my fairing as well as the one in the trunk. Ebay has all kinds and colors of these.
Beat me to it. I installed one in my car and love it. I got mine through Amazon.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Yep generic part. I installed one in the right rear saddlebag as the power leads are already there on my CCT without the plug.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Yep generic part. I installed one in the right rear saddlebag as the power leads are already there on my CCT without the plug.
I was inspecting my belt and rear tire the other evening when I noticed something I forgot my XR had, power leads under the rear fender. Are you saying you took the mentioned part and put it in where the plugged hole is in the saddlebag?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I was inspecting my belt and rear tire the other evening when I noticed something I forgot my XR had, power leads under the rear fender. Are you saying you took the mentioned part and put it in where the plugged hole is in the saddlebag?
Two power leads back there with blade connectors. One is small can't remember if it's the hot or ground. Buy generic cigarette lighter plug with blade ends and trim the one leg to fit the small connector. Easy project.

If you do it just remember that is connected next time you go to remove saddlebag. It will pull off with a hard pull but it's easy to forget.

I don't actually use it. I use the one in my trunk more but I figured if it's there I might as well have it available to me. :)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Two power leads back there with blade connectors. One is small can't remember if it's the hot or ground. Buy generic cigarette lighter plug with blade ends and trim the one leg to fit the small connector. Easy project.

If you do it just remember that is connected next time you go to remove saddlebag. It will pull off with a hard pull but it's easy to forget.

I don't actually use it. I use the one in my trunk more but I figured if it's there I might as well have it available to me. :)
I have a lead under the seat that's for I think a heated seat. I use it for my electric vest. Then I have one at the brace on the lower rear fender. Then I believe there is one at the fuse box. Did you use one of these for the saddle bag outlet. My XC is a 2011 and they did not have the trunk out until 2012.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have a lead under the seat that's for I think a heated seat. I use it for my electric vest. Then I have one at the brace on the lower rear fender. Then I believe there is one at the fuse box. Did you use one of these for the saddle bag outlet. My XC is a 2011 and they did not have the trunk out until 2012.
This post is where I asked the question and have a picture of the two power wires.

·
Registered
325 Posts
This post is where I asked the question and have a picture of the two power wires.

That's a good thing to remember when I finally get my act together and replace the HardBalls dodgy taillight and remove the trunk for most of my riding. It will give me somewhere to plug in the emergency compressor. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Are you sure about the trunk for 2011??? My 2011 XR came with an extra lock for the optional trunk (which I didn't get) and the other 2011 XR at the dealership had the optional trunk on it.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Are you sure about the trunk for 2011??? My 2011 XR came with an extra lock for the optional trunk (which I didn't get) and the other 2011 XR at the dealership had the optional trunk on it.
Maybe they did, but they did come out with the XCT until 2012.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts