Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but I can't find my previous post on this issue. Of the three power outlets on my 2016 CCT, two don't work. The outlet in the dash and in the trunk don't work while the one in the cubby in the lower left fairing does. Finally got a chance to check the fuse behind the fuse box under my right leg and the fuse near the battery, both are good. I'm not mechanically/electrically inclined but my low IQ allows me to try to remedy these things before taking it to a qualified mechanic. What should I try next? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,661 Posts
See picture in third post of this thread:

Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
You will have to start following the wires and use a multimeter to determine where you lose power. The wiring diagram in the service manual will help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Indy, that was the first fuse I looked at. (Of course, it's so easy to get to.) The fuse looked in tact, but I checked the fusenh with a multimeter anyway and it was good.

Vinish, I think what your said is where I'm going to go. Just wish I knew how to do that. Hints for me, please.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of off-forum suggestions were made that might be the cause. But nope, but I thought I'd share with the group. One, maybe there were hungry mice that chewed on the wires during winter storage and the other was the converter plug was too short to make contact. Like i said they aren't the cause of my problem but I thought I'd share.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts