Premium Member
1,906 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
what your lowers are bolted to

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
The metal brackets that look like crash bars?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 'forged bars' are the flat molded-looking bars that come on the Cross Country. The Cross Country Tour comes with tubular bars where the lowers mount to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
You don't have the lower with the glove box?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why in black, and not chrome or aluminum to match the forged bars? That might be a deal breaker for me. You don't see too much of the bracket when looking at the front of the bike, but still, why not match the forged bars & the chrome lights you're probably going to mount.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
The 'forged bars' are the flat molded-looking bars that come on the Cross Country. The Cross Country Tour comes with tubular bars where the lowers mount to.
OK....I understand it now. I looked them up when I got to my laptop. I definitely don't have those! Mine look like crash bars with the lower fairing surrounding them. I still have a lot to learn about my bike!

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't have the lower with the glove box?

I used to, but I like the forged bars look much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MaddogUSMC

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone tried these yet? I have the forged bars on my Cross Roads and I use the Victory fabric close outs when the weather gets cooler.

My question is if they will work with the fabric closeouts.

A picture of the brackets in place would be good. I could check from there. I need lights but don't want to limit the use of the close outs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't see a picture, and you don't mention where to get them ?? I'm very interested.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My bad ! Didn't realize it was a link. Sorry.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking at their web-site at the full kit you can buy with the lights included, it appears that the close outs won't work. Bummer.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
For anyone that has lights on their forged bars could you explain how you ran the wires ? I have ordered these brackets and some lights and want to install them as soon as I can. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, it's been over a month since I started this project but finally finished today. I got frustrated earlier and just left the bike all apart. But I got the brackets, and ordered pod lights from Extreme lights and I think it looks pretty good. I wish the lights were a little brighter but I think they will get peoples' attention. Bike is all cleaned and ready for a ride, however forecast says heavy rain for the remainder of the week.

Attachments

Reactions: broggyr

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll bet it really brightens up your night!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts