Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the average MPG is on a CCT? I got mine last month and they only thing that has been done is the stage 1. But I am only getting around 150 miles to a tank which averages out to around 30 MPG. That seems low to me. I have heard of some bikes getting better gas milage after a little bit of riding once the motor breaks in. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this something I will just have to get used to.

·
Registered
679 Posts
150 Miles per tank? I don't know how you can tell your milage with that information. To check your milage, fill the tank to the same level each time and when you fill it again divide the miles driven by the amount of gallons used. My XC is always between 40-45 mpg depending on speed and conditions (load, headwinds,ect).

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mileage swings. Botched stage 1? Having fun? Just needs to break in? Had it a month?
Strange questions? Not really. Most dealers have no idea what these bikes are made of, and only are able to "cookie cutter" adjust the fuel. You'll get better if things are as they should be. These engines take a long time to break in and IIRC my first few tanks were in the low 30MPG range with dismal get it when I twisted the throttle.
It should get better and to answer your question, 43-45 MPG.

·
13,048 Posts
bike being new you need a good thousand miles on it before even thinking about mileage.
Use your phone to determine what your getting what the bike is tell you is a guess

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Airfrm, its not unusual for the 106 engine to require 3,000 miles plus to be completely broken in, so be patient with it. Be sure to do a good break in by contantly varying speed and an occasional quick rev into higher numbers.
I too got lower 30s at first, when the engine was tight. Now my highway mileage is 40 to 50 depending on terrain, speed, wind, etc..
You'll get there too.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Keeping a spread sheet going since I got my XR in Sept 2012. Average of 42 mpg's with some tanks in the high 40's and some in the mid 30's.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the average MPG is on a CCT? I got mine last month and they only thing that has been done is the stage 1. But I am only getting around 150 miles to a tank which averages out to around 30 MPG. That seems low to me. I have heard of some bikes getting better gas milage after a little bit of riding once the motor breaks in. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this something I will just have to get used to.
What does your readout (on the dash) show? You can't go by the needle as it "crashes" after it gets below around 3/5ths left. Most of us are getting between 42 & 46 MPG depending on how you ride. Of course, if you've got a active right hand (lead foot), your not going to get 40+MPG. However, having said that I am fairly active and still see over 40 MPG in most runs (refill @ 200 miles and putting in just under 5 gallons)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a generally light throttle hand and 38-40 seems about the average for me. I have seen less far more often than more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, 41-43 MPG routinely. Mix of city and highway, 60 miles a day. Low fuel light comes on around 175 miles and I've stretched a tank as far as 210, but usually fill around 190.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is important to distinguish in this conversation whether the numbers are derived manually or from the on board computer. Most people are reporting computer numbers that are about 10% optimistic. My trip computer is.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I easily get 200 miles before a fillup. I think the furthest I have gone would be 380 kilomteres or 236 miles.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hmmmm. 5000 miles 12 XCT from 36 - 43ish

·
13,048 Posts
The weather has a lot to do with fuel mileage. Like they say fill up early morning cause you get the most gas for your money. When it gets hot the gas is thinner.

With more of us having Lloyds wheel when it gets into the high 90's with a lot of humidity your bike will lean out a lot. So if your in the high 40's and 50's for mileage your burning the exhaust valves. So backing of the timing wheel would be a good idea. Specially if the hot weather is going to be around for some time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
People still believe this 'wives tale' on gas? It's in a drum, underground, at a stable temp. Even arguing density to the greatest degree the volumetric change in 5gal would be so limited...you might get an extra 50ft.

As for leaning out; that may well be true if you've "tuned" your bike but a bike with injection and 02 sensors are engineered to prevent any of that. They help keep an ideal air/fuel ratio constant.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My bike gets who the hack cares mileage. If I wanted mileage I would've got a scooter that gets 70mpg. My problem I put great D&D pipes on and I'm always getting on it or cracking the throttle.😜

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Cold air is more dense and contains more oxygen and can produce better mpg, but not a lot. That works better with carbs than it does with FI.
Once filled up at 248 miles and took 5 gallons even, but I'm no mileage freak. I figure what I pay at the pump is the price of admission for the show I'm about to get. The more exciting the show, the more the admission costs.:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dranrab, I've never found any vehicle on-board MPG estimator to be even close to real. I get mine the old fashioned way...with an App on my iPhone that knows how to subtract and divide! :D

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Dranrab, I've never found any vehicle on-board MPG estimator to be even close to real. I get mine the old fashioned way...with an App on my iPhone that knows how to subtract and divide! :D
I got a 2012 f-150 that has the best mpg estimator I have had in a vehicle. Usually always within .5 mpg of what I calculate by hand. My jeep is usually 2 to 6 mpgs off!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts