Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avon Velvet Air or Avon Air Cushion Grips?

Who has either one and which one do you recommend?

Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have these and LOVE the heated aspect of them.
http://avongrips.com/shop/products/MT-Air-Cushion-Chrome-Heated-Grips.html
I personally think the Kuryakyn (VIC) Comfort grips fit my hands better, but wanted the heaters and swapped them out after only a month. Don't regret the swap at all 14k miles later. They still look like new
Don't have any experience between the two listed, sorry

PS, I had a small issue with a grip and Avon responded VERY fast and friendly with replacement.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have these and LOVE the heated aspect of them.
http://avongrips.com/shop/products/MT-Air-Cushion-Chrome-Heated-Grips.html
I personally think the Kuryakyn (VIC) Comfort grips fit my hands better, but wanted the heaters and swapped them out after only a month. Don't regret the swap at all 14k miles later. They still look like new
Don't have any experience between the two listed, sorry

PS, I had a small issue with a grip and Avon responded VERY fast and friendly with replacement.
So it looks like you have the Air Cushion ones(serrated texture),but heated...
Are they alot bigger (fatter) than the stock ones?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
So it looks like you have the Air Cushion ones(serrated texture),but heated...
Are they alot bigger (fatter) than the stock ones?
The Vic/Kury are bigger than the Avon. I have large hands (xl/2xl glove size) and that is why I liked the bigger ISO Better. The Avons are right in the middle, and I think they would be comfortable for a large range is hand sizes

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I think I have the air version. I do like them and they look good too
I like that pic. Bug guts on the mirrors!! That's a bike that gets rode baby!!! I just bought the Avon air cushion and haven't installed them yet. Thanks for the info on this thread!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Vic/Kury are bigger than the Avon. I have large hands (xl/2xl glove size) and that is why I liked the bigger ISO Better. The Avons are right in the middle, and I think they would be comfortable for a large range is hand sizes

Thats what I wanted to here...thumb up

Thanks for all you replies..cheers

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have the Avon MT air spikes, love'em. I couldn't stand the stock grips, the shape of them drove me nuts...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have the spike grips, heated, & comfort wise love them. The only down side is they don't put out as much heat as stock Ma Vic grips. I do like the 4 position reastat though. I have plenty of heat until it gets down near freezing. After 2 yrs & 28,000 miles, the left grip is starting to show some wear but I would definitely go Avon again! thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have the spike grips, heated, & comfort wise love them. The only down side is they don't put out as much heat as stock Ma Vic grips. I do like the 4 position reastat though. I have plenty of heat until it gets down near freezing. After 2 yrs & 28,000 miles, the left grip is starting to show some wear but I would definitely go Avon again! thumb up
Avon will re-grip them for only $10, just check there website. One of the other reasons to go with the Avon grips...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lunatic: I had no idea, thanks for the info. However, I ride every day so it would suck if I had to down the bike for a couple weeks to send grips back to them. Also, I had dealer install these. I thought all grips had to be glued on making reinstallation challenging if they come off in one piece? :confused:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Lunatic: I had no idea, thanks for the info. However, I ride every day so it would suck if I had to down the bike for a couple weeks to send grips back to them. Also, I had dealer install these. I thought all grips had to be glued on making reinstallation challenging if they come off in one piece? :confused:
They will send (I'm fairly certain) you the grip and the glue, but you will have to cut the grip off of the insert. Shoot them an email, they have some great customer service. I think they do them at the bike shows as well if they are in your area. I do all that kinda stuff during the winter as I don't like downtime either...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think they do them at the bite shows as well if they are in your area. I do all that kinda stuff during the winter as I don't like downtime either...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they won't "bite"your fingers off!:ltr:
Down time: that's something we don't know about here in the great American southwest. It was 80 here a few days ago but I will be turning on those grips this morning, 46 "chilly" degrees. 70 this afternoon riding home. thumb up

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I think they do them at the bite shows as well if they are in your area. I do all that kinda stuff during the winter as I don't like downtime either...
Hopefully they won't "bite"your fingers off!:ltr:
Down time: that's something we don't know about here in the great American southwest. It was 80 here a few days ago but I will be turning on those grips this morning, 46 "chilly" degrees. 70 this afternoon riding home. thumb up[/QUOTE]

Damn auto typing ****! Lol

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I was looking at getting a set of the Avon grips. Does anyone know if there is an issue with Lloydz 1/4 turn with these?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I was looking at getting a set of the Avon grips. Does anyone know if there is an issue with Lloydz 1/4 turn with these?
I cannot see any issues with the Lloydz 1/4, I have run a PVC modded throttle since new which is the Lloydz equivalent...

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I cannot see any issues with the Lloydz 1/4, I have run a PVC modded throttle since new which is the Lloydz equivalent...
Thx Lunatic. I believe i have the HR1 (i think) on my stock grips and i read on either Lloyds or Witchdoctors that you need the HR2 so it looks like ill have to get another one. That is of course if im reading that correctly. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
very nice...thumb up
Damn...why does that bike look so big and heavy...:confused:

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Thx Lunatic. I believe i have the HR1 (i think) on my stock grips and i read on either Lloyds or Witchdoctors that you need the HR2 so it looks like ill have to get another one. That is of course if im reading that correctly. Can anyone confirm this?
Confirmed. I use the HR2 with my Avons.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts