Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to install New Avons. does anyone have experience installing them? does the B cam work for Victory? Any tricks to disemblimg the throttle body? Any tidbits may help.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
getting ready to install New Avons. does anyone have experience installing them? does the B cam work for Victory? Any tricks to disemblimg the throttle body? Any tidbits may help.
The cam with the two round holes is used. Before attaching it permanently...Make sure that the edge of the cam is completely flush with grip tube. If not, flip it over. If you attach backwards, it will bind up in switch housing.

·
13,251 Posts
What are you asking????
Are you putting on normal handlebar grips??
What is B cam ??
What does the throttle body have to do with it????

If your doing handle bar grips loosen locking nuts up at the grip un doing housing and pull cables of and put on new grips. Take play out of cable but not to much.

Take knife and cut clutch grip and peal off.

But the way you want grips that will fit a harley 1999 to 2008
I strongly suggest you do a search here for service manual and down load it to your computer.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
What are you asking????
Are you putting on normal handlebar grips??
What is B cam ??
What does the throttle body have to do with it????

If your doing handle bar grips loosen locking nuts up at the grip un doing housing and pull cables of and put on new grips. Take play out of cable but not to much.

Take knife and cut clutch grip and peal off.

But the way you want grips that will fit a harley 1999 to 2008
I strongly suggest you do a search here for service manual and down load it to your computer.
Avons come with various cams for different bikes. Once cam is selected, it is attached to throttle tube using supplied Avon version of what I call super glue or epoxy. Once glued...there is no turning back...will no longer come apart...trust me i have tried.

Throttle body has nothing to do with it.

Throttle cables are inside right hand switch housing.

Left grip has to be peeled off due to being glued on to bar.

Left Avon grip gets glued on using supplied adhesive and secured with set screws on some grip models.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grips

The cam with the two round holes is used. Before attaching it permanently...Make sure that the edge of the cam is completely flush with grip tube. If not, flip it over. If you attach backwards, it will bind up in switch housing.

U Da Man Noe!! Just put them on and u are correct using the B cam. Wasnt to bad an install!! Mark

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Glad I could help! Post up pics of them on your ride!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad I could help! Post up pics of them on your ride!
...excellent idea, let me see if i can figure out how to upload a pic to these messages. mjo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts