Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I don't particularly care for them, so they aren't worth it for me. Someone else is an entirely different story ;)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I think the HD ones work and can be found much cheaper. I believe off a Fatbob/wideglide/Dyna are the ones that work.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
It depends how many scars you want on your shins, doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I'd be afraid to run anything like that because of how screwed up things can become during a wreck or high side. I don't even run open primaries any more for that reason. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
You don't need spikes to look bad ass on a Highball.
In fact, you run the risk of looking more "Village People" than I imagine you would be comfortable with.

Tried it once with a spiked license plate frame. Completely sent the wrong message.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Subtle spikes are good. Tiny axel bolt spikes are cool. Windshield bolt spikes also cool... Spikes around your license plate frame? I think license plate frames scream cheap and Cheezy... Spiked license plate bolts are cool.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
What exactly does cool really mean? Bizarre, hurtful? I'm not understanding calling something that has the potential for injury "cool." But then, I just an old fart who don't know nothing.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
What exactly does cool really mean? Bizarre, hurtful? I'm not understanding calling something that has the potential for injury "cool." But then, I just an old fart who don't know nothing.

Everyone has a different idea of what looks good... Older folks are generally into practical mods. I am into things looking unique and easy on the eyes. My dirt bikes are custom, my vehicles are never left stock and mostly my motorcycles need to scream "Wow". That's how I like to express myself. Subtle spikes to me on the right bike look awesome. Not huge spikes just little ones.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Everyone has a different idea of what looks good... Older folks are generally into practical mods. I am into things looking unique and easy on the eyes. My dirt bikes are custom, my vehicles are never left stock and mostly my motorcycles need to scream "Wow". That's how I like to express myself. Subtle spikes to me on the right bike look awesome. Not huge spikes just little ones.
Show us your pics.
I'm curious how you made spikes look cool.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Cooooooool

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

You have styrofoam on the edges of everything, don't you?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'd be afraid to run anything like that because of how screwed up things can become during a wreck or high side. I don't even run open primaries any more for that reason. :D

If I were afraid, I would stay in the comfort of my Ford Expedition.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts