Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys

I will be relocating to Phoenix soon and need some information on emission testing... I have a 2008 Hammer, do I need to get it tested before I get plates? I have been looking up websites and have found two answers NO and YES... lol anyway My location will be Surprise AZ if that matters. Thanks for any help..

·
Premium Member
13,643 Posts
Couldn't tell ya mate. I'm over along the Colorado River so we don't have to mess with such things (yet and hopefully never). Seems like I heard something about them discontinuing the emissions testing for bikes a while back. Look up ABATE of Arizona. You might find some info or someone to contact in that area to ask.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Az emissions

As far as I know, you will still need emissions test if you live in Maricopa county. There is some talk about dropping bikes from the program but I don't believe it has happened yet. Go to ServiceArizona.com for plate info & google Arizona Vehicle Emissions Testing to get your questions answered.
Welcome to the West Valley. I live in Peoria.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yes, you will need emissions. The Man is always holdin me down.lol

Yea, as stated there is a push to eliminate it, but It doesn't look like the state is in any hurry.
Also, you have to emissions every year on a scoot, and every other year on vehicles.Although, I think I remember reading that newer cars don't require it. You would want to check that though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I live in Surprise.
New cars and new bikes don't require emissions testing until they are over 5 years old.
I'm not sure about bikes/cars being brought in from other states.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts