Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to jump in here and introduce myself. My name is Nic and I've been a sportbike guy all my life. I currently ride a 2009 Yamaha R6.

Years of experience and close calls has changed my mentality when it comes to street riding. Where in my younger days, I loved to push the limits and drag knee, these days I would rather just enjoy the ride and leave the knee dragging to the track where it belongs.

That being said, later this year I will be retiring the sportbike from the streets in favor of something a tad more comfortable (and much more bad-ass)...a Victory Vegas 8-Ball.

I had originally intended to buy a Harley (Dyna Wide-Glide), but decided to check out some other bikes and just fell in love with the Vegas 8-Ball the second I saw it...and then I got to ride one...thumb up Well, it was all over from there.

Anyway...just wanted to say hey. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Can't wait till that Victory is sitting in my garage!!!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on both of your decisions! Welcome to Victory

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
You made a good decision. thumb up

·
Registered
782 Posts
I still own a sportbike, but don't drag knee on the street.

It's actually up for sale as I am buying something a little more upright, but not as cruiser'ish as my Hammer S.

Welcome.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Slave, and welcome! You'll love the V8ball, I love mine and I'm new to bikes all together. Main reason I went with a Vic is for the comfort, so you're in the right place. I must have sat on over a dozen bikes before I sat on a Vic. Gotta say the HDs were the most uncomfortable.
Not too far from you, let us know when your eagle lands!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
You won't regret it. I've owned many sport bikes over the years. Love my Vic

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome, from another convert!

Great choice! I made the same one a few months back...and I will never look back. The VHighball is the funnest bike I've ever owned and I hope you will find yours to be the same!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally forgot I signed up on here.

Well, time went by...didn't buy a new bike when I expected to...my tastes changed...I test rode many bikes...
...and ended up going with another popular american made v-twin

I know...booo! Hisss! right?

In the end it came down to 2 bikes.
The Victory High-Ball and the Harley Street Bob.

The Street Bob won out...just barely. Vics are still damn nice bikes, but the Harley was just more...me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts