Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Vic fam!
so I have the 2016 xc 8 ball
I gutted the exhaust and put a power commander v on it with a upgrade air intake... but I have an issue with a pop or back fire with I shift through the gears... what is the cause and how can I fix it?

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
You probably can't stop it completely. Try to get the power commander dialed in better.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,374 Posts
Due to the way Vic completely shuts off injectors on deceleration you can't eliminate all popping. You can with tuning reduce it.
I get a nice pop shifting gears but it doesn't do it all the time. Not enough that I can reproduce it on demand to be able to target tuning in that spot.

Reactions: Josh_McDaniel88

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank y’all for replying... the declaration pop isn’t the concern it’s the shift 1 to 2 and sometimes 3 but not on demand... I donno if I need to take them honey cones out as well for more free flow...

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,374 Posts
Thank y’all for replying... the declaration pop isn’t the concern it’s the shift 1 to 2 and sometimes 3 but not on demand... I donno if I need to take them honey cones out as well for more free flow...
You'll lose torque taking out the cats.
You can try adjustments to the PCV to reduce popping.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
99.9% can be tuned out.

·
13,311 Posts
Try a milder speed shift and you should stop getting the pop

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can do it almost on demand, it's down to the way I ride. Wide open throttle, then fully off (actually rotate it closed manually) as I pull the clutch, voila popping. you can get it fairly often just by getting heavy into the throttle and then closing it off. I love the sound of a bikes exhaust so I do this quite often.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Exhaust leaks can do that too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Worn spark plugs or missed gaped one can do that also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts