Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yeah Ill talk to Fred at ProCycle here about PCVX.

On another note I noticed my odometer and trip meter readouts were alternating and losing kms so Ive undid batter terminals thoroughly cleaned with emery , reassembled with lockwashers and greased the result.
about to testride.
Oh and IVE ordered a set of CRs VICTORY HID Headlight systems so I can see where Im going at night

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Electrical gremlinsssssss
The odometer and connected readouts trips, range, averages etc have a mind of thier own total kms is ok but the rest changes at will of itself.
I thought cleaning and securing the battery terminals would fix it.
But not so....
Anyone who's had a similar gremlins is welcome to throw their 2c worth in...
Still out riding, just filled the tank, and gonna ride some more after I eat, stopped at BP servo with a Maccas store combined, worms gnawing at the ol' guts.
Electrics hey, curse of the modern machine.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Do you mean that the information option being displayed will seem to randomly change - say from Trip odometer A to B to average mpg to etc. etc..... and once in a while, these information items will reset to zero? If this is what you mean, it is likely caused by the clutch lever touching the information selection button on the back of the left switchbox housing. If this is, indeed, the problem, it can be fixed in three ways. First, you can rotate the clutch lever perch so that the lever does not touch the button. This works well but the downside is you may have to rotate to a lever position you do not like. Note that you cannot rotate the switchbox housing as there is a tab in the housing which goes into a predrilled hole in the handlebars. It is possible to file/Dremel off this tab but then the switchbox can rotate if not tightened enough. Second, you can try to get the clutch lever perch tightened onto the bars with it being VERY tight up against the switchbox housing. I used a plastic jawed wood clamp to hold this perch in place while I tightened it. This may move the lever just enough so that it does not activate the button. This sometimes works and sometimes does not. Third, you can take a sharp knife and carve the outermost raised part of the button down. The button material is medium softness plastic and a sharp knife is plenty to slice off little pieces of the plastic. Cut off about 10 little tiny pieces and then file the remainder smooth where you have removed the tiny little pieces and the button no longer extends out far enough for the clutch lever to hit it. This does not hurt anything. The button is still very pressable by your finger. I ended up using option #3. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes!..I think you're right!
It only started acting up after I moved the clutch lever position to get a better grip on the lever , rotating it up as I did on my Vegas to get a better grab.
Just went on a 60 mile highway night run to try out the cruise control and noticed everything stayed correct except when I changed gears to compare fuel economy with 5th and 6th.
Thanks!
And wow the cruise works well, gonna be a joy on long trips.
Starting to wonder if I'll ever ride my Vegas again !

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yep that button is in a bad spot when you want to move your clutch lever. I have my lever as close as I can get it without hitting that pesky button.

You will figure out soon that the gas gauge sucks. So you need that odometer to not be resetting. :)
Can go quite far after that light comes on. Click button to get it to show the odometer again instead of "LoFuel".

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
It is a stupid place to put a selector button, normally the "flashing light" will be there, or big light, how do you call them ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Just carve or Dremel off a bit of the button and it will never again be a problem.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Starting to wonder if I'll ever ride my Vegas again !
When I picked up my XR the writing was on the wall for my Vegas. Sold it after I only rode it a couple of times a year for three years. Just wasn't comfortable enough for my beat up body, so I know what you are saying...

·
Registered
556 Posts
...First, you can rotate the clutch lever perch so that the lever does not touch the button. This works well but the downside is you may have to rotate to a lever position you do not like...
Yep that button is in a bad spot when you want to move your clutch lever. I have my lever as close as I can get it without hitting that pesky button...
Yes!..I think you're right!
It only started acting up after I moved the clutch lever position to get a better grip on the lever , rotating it up as I did on my Vegas to get a better grab...
Had the same problem with my CC. When I got the clutch lever to a comfortable position for me, it kept hitting the switch and changing the screen. After several failed attempts to come up with a position that worked for both the switch and my hand, I came up with an alternative. I cut a small piece of rubber fuel line that would fit tightly over the lever, then positioned it to hit the housing when the lever was pulled, stopping it from hitting the switch. Will take a pic and post it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Had the same problem with my CC. When I got the clutch lever to a comfortable position for me, it kept hitting the switch and changing the screen. After several failed attempts to come up with a position that worked for both the switch and my hand, I came up with an alternative. I cut a small piece of rubber fuel line that would fit tightly over the lever, then positioned it to hit the housing when the lever was pulled, stopping it from hitting the switch. Will take a pic and post it.
Your solution sounds like it would prevent the clutch lever from being fully pulled. Admittedly, this lack of full pull of the clutch lever would be only a small portion of its full travel but if you are using a clutch pull relief device (e.g. EZ clutch) like I am, then you need every iota of clutch lever travel to fully disengage the clutch mechanism (or is it engage :) ).

I still think my idea to trim off the excess and unnecessary plastic from the button is the best option. This in no way harms the function of the switch and if you sand/file the trimmed off portion of the switch to make it even, it does not look bad even upon close inspection.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here are a couple of pics. Not the best but hopefully clear enough to get the idea. Just make sure the hose is thick enough to keep the lever from hitting the switch and a small enough i.d. to keep it from slipping from its placed position on the lever. It's worked well for me for four years.

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Your solution sounds like it would prevent the clutch lever from being fully pulled. Admittedly, this lack of full pull of the clutch lever would be only a small portion of its full travel but if you are using a clutch pull relief device (e.g. EZ clutch) like I am, then you need every iota of clutch lever travel to fully disengage the clutch mechanism (or is it engage :) ).

I still think my idea to trim off the excess and unnecessary plastic from the button is the best option. This in no way harms the function of the switch and if you sand/file the trimmed off portion of the switch to make it even, it does not look bad even upon close inspection.
As I don't have an "EZ clutch", I can't comment on whether it is the pull or the release that would be the problem. All I can tell you is that what is effected is the pull travel but by less than an 1/8" (somewhere between 2/32 and 3/32) and that it has no adverse effect on the stock clutch assembly. And, it leaves the full size of the switch button in tact so I don't have to hunt for it when I need/want to use it.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Dont wordy about pix mate.
I've shaved it down a bit with a single sided razor blade.
Easy as pie!
Raisin pie....picked up a French chuckle on the XC today her Mazda van broke down.
Arranged it to be fixed and I kept her amused for the day, took her to my yoga class in the morning then we went for another ride.
Took her over the mountain on the Vegas too just to show it off and gauge her opinion, she likes the XC more....
So there we have it!
French girls are always right😋

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm not sure if you got your music playin figured out yet but what I did was buy a simple Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the plug in the bag and bingo..... Now I can blast some AC/DC streaming from my phone that is mounted on the handle bars. Simple and Jammin.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
When I'm on my bike my phone's turned off, in my pocket.
Got a loaded iPod connected in the rh saddlebag.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
When I'm on my bike my phone's turned off, in my pocket.
Got a loaded iPod connected in the rh saddlebag.
Oh so we won't see you texting and riding? I see that here... :(

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Correct, . .I see it more with car drivers here, it's rife, bike's not so much.

Shaved mode button now works great! Thx.
About to order a Lloydz air filter and contact Fred at ProCycle tuning about a PCVX tune once I've ratted out the exhaust.
VICTORY HID headlight is on its way.
Got the hang of the music and cruise.
Life is very Victory right now!

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Following a post of Chinese Sabre Tooth lights to American eBay, I've been running rampant in there, here copied n pasted from the Sabre Tooth thread to keep my loyal followers up to speed (and frustrate the he'll outta the rest )

You've opened a can of worms but!
An Aussie loose on USA eBay XC parts
Yes , I've bought other stuff too, as well as watching some.
Unsure how high to go on the screen, wanna stop turbulence without it looking dorky.
Keep in mind 2010 screens mount different.

What else? ...not sure what I've bought actually bit of a feeding frenzy going on!
Bib for back of tank which is already showing 9 years of minor scuffs
Gotta price the Lloydz filter direct before plunging on one there.
Shoulda got the Tri-oval deal when it was on!
Anyone out there bought an extra set like I advised you to do? Sell em to me?
Probly just gut mine out.
This has turned into War and Peace, better copy n paste it over into my thread!
DONE!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe Leaders RPM still has the black Tri-Oval for $249. Might want to look them up if you are interested in going that route.

·
Premium Member
13,186 Posts
I put this in another thread a little while ago but it should probably be here.

I think @BP6666VR orders through Alibaba a lot. Maybe he will drop in and say.

I've got a set of new, never used, Black Tri-Ovals with chrome tips I can sell you at my cost ($250 USD) plus whatever shipping is to your neck of the woods. Comes with an air filter and stage one tune card which I would not recommend but it's all brand new.

The reason I have them is because I wanted black tips on my chrome Tri-Ovals. I probably should have just put out the word on the forums to swap someone but I did it this way thinking I could get my money back one day.

Leaders has the same pipes with black tips for the same price but with free shipping in the US. Not sure if they ship to AU or not.

https://leadersrpmshop.com/victory-m...l-2879325-266/

41 - 60 of 154 Posts