Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
MBX....I'm looking at that price sign at the fuel station and the top price is 139.9. Is that $1.40 for a liter? I see Oz does the same stupid things with that point nine BS.

·
Registered
623 Posts
MBX....I'm looking at that price sign at the fuel station and the top price is 139.9. Is that $1.40 for a liter? I see Oz does the same stupid things with that point nine BS.
in Ontario today i paid 1.34 a litre for mid grade.....welcome to the summer....

R

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

Yeah mate, thats for e10 crap but, they dont advertise the $1.60 or whatever it was a litre
I dont even look just fill up and ride on.
If Im filling the Buick I have an app on my phone tells me the best value in Premium and if its going up or down.
When you drive an old school Big Block 455 cube with 800cfm Rochester well it pays to shop around.
Not that its a daily driver either.
Think about it though, we riding around with the equivalent of 2 cylinders sawn off a big block between our legs, and fuel injected High Performance too😈
106x4=424cubes and my Vegas109x4=436c.i.
Thats serious performance.
Take it the other way my bored and cammed [email protected]×4=460hp if had the other 6cyls
We are riding some serious machinery!
Gotta go fill up 😉

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
Except for Californicate, we Americans are a spoiled lot when it comes to fuel prices. FWIW, I am getting more impressed with the 1330 cc Rotax triple that's in my Spyder as it loosens. I can win every stop light drag, at least off the line, Not anxious to get a speeding citation in town. Yeah, its 12:1 compression requires premium, but that's the price I pay for a good show.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Except for Californicate, we Americans are a spoiled lot when it comes to fuel prices. FWIW, I am getting more impressed with the 1330 cc Rotax triple that's in my Spyder as it loosens. I can win every stop light drag, at least off the line, Not anxious to get a speeding citation in town. Yeah, its 12:1 compression requires premium, but that's the price I pay for a good show.
Yours have traction control from zero?
One I rode 990 Twin would smoke the tyre to 50kph then traction would come in.
So if I was trna nail a v rod Id have to ease it away even with someone on the back and 20psi in the car tyre.
I got a brand new car tyre fitted to sell it Fter Tommo passed away and it would lay rubber for 40 foot till traction cut in😈hehe!

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
Yeah, Spyders have electronic nannies up the kazoo and no way to switch em off. Pity. The Kendas they come with are crap and those who went to quality car tyres say the improvements are dramatic. Same with a thicker aftermarket swaybar.
I find that the recommended 15 psi front and 18 psi rear are good. Car tyres, they say, go with 17 and 20.
Trying to get out on the thing to get more used to it, but life and doctor appointments are getting in the way, so I only have 400+ on the odo. I'm getting a suspension upgrade (hip replacement) August 1, so there's a lot a prep going on now. It's all for the good though.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Hot Pipes!

yesterday got some guitar strings outta the RH side saddlebag, noticed they were quite warm..
felt the bottom of the sadddlebag and its warm allright, bloody quite hot in fact.
Oh **** I think, Ill the fibreglass I removed from the mufflers to revamp and repack with stainless steel potscrubbers!
Maybe the fibreglass was heat insulation as well as sound absorbent!!!
Wadda ya think?
Them atom bombs and such pipes,...do they make yr bags hot?
Done some big hard hot days riding and aint burst into flames yet??.?🙄
wadda ya think?😏

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
yesterday got some guitar strings outta the RH side saddlebag, noticed they were quite warm..
felt the bottom of the sadddlebag and its warm allright, bloody quite hot in fact.
Oh **** I think, Ill the fibreglass I removed from the mufflers to revamp and repack with stainless steel potscrubbers!
Maybe the fibreglass was heat insulation as well as sound absorbent!!!
Wadda ya think?
Them atom bombs and such pipes,...do they make yr bags hot?
Done some big hard hot days riding and aint burst into flames yet??.?🙄
wadda ya think?😏
I left the fiberglass liners in my mufflers and the bottom of the saddlebags do get hot.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I left the fiberglass liners in my mufflers and the bottom of the saddlebags do get hot.
well thats good to know mate.
what are our bags made of anyway?
must be made to tolerate a certain amount of heat , dont you think.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
Looks like someone is gonna apply some of the self adhesive heat reflecting material to the bottoms of their cases.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
well thats good to know mate.
what are our bags made of anyway?
must be made to tolerate a certain amount of heat , dont you think.
My guess is that the XC and XCT bags are made of ABS plastic.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
I put heat reflective tape on the underside of mine.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
100,000kms tonight

ok its only really 60,000 miles, but hey its 100,000 kilometers ,
not all mine, had I think 86 000 in it a few months ago when I bought it.

Attachments

141 - 154 of 154 Posts