Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the Polaris ownership family! Just purchased a 2021 Indian challenger Darkhorse. Love it, traded in my BMW R 1250 GS because I missed the sound of the V twin. Hopefully this one does as well as my cross country did less the tragic accident.
91C2E26D-FBC9-4069-9195-B71B25A4AF19.jpeg

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Nice looking ride, enjoy and ride safe!

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,977 Posts
Hmm dark, not chrome, starting to like the look more...

Good looking bike. Hope you two get many happy miles together. :)

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
The Challenger is an awesome ride for sure.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I don't mind the dark not chrome accessories look but I like it with a shiny paint finish. I am not a fan of the matte paint finishes. My XCT in NC has mostly black accessories but is the same red as your bike, IndyVictory.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I don't mind the dark not chrome accessories look but I like it with a shiny paint finish. I am not a fan of the matte paint finishes. My XCT in NC has mostly black accessories but is the same red as your bike, IndyVictory.
Indian has a red that looks to me like sunset red with another name. Not had my bike next to it to compare though. I know that looks good trimmed out in black.

I'm also a fan of matte red.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hesitant after they shut down Victory but I loved that bike and it never gave me a problem in 30,000 miles. I will say that Polaris has adopted the HD model of nickel and diming you to death with accessories. The engine is absolutely bonkers; love it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have just bought a R1250GS 40th, traded in a Triumph Tiger Explorer. But, I kept my Victory XCT. They are very different bikes to ride which suits my mood when I want to ride.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Back in the Polaris ownership family! Just purchased a 2021 Indian challenger Darkhorse. Love it, traded in my BMW R 1250 GS because I missed the sound of the V twin. Hopefully this one does as well as my cross country did less the tragic accident.
Really glad you wrote in because I am debating getting one. Questions I have:

-- Does it handle as good or better than a cross country (handling on the cross country is stellar)?

-- The saddle bags look like they hold less than a cross country. Do they?

-- Is it faster than the cross country?

-- How do you like the fixed fairing vs your cross country?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Exactly same wheelbase but more cramped up for rider as Indian and Harley do. Should ride similar. Smaller saddlebags.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I have a Challenger and a cammed XCT. The Challenger is noticeably faster, and I do believe it handles better. I still love my XCT, but the Challenger is awesome.

Reactions: silversup

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
The bags are a bit smaller. The fixed fairing is weird for a few minutes, fine after that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts