Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up a 2003 V92 a couple of months ago after taking a break from motorcycles that lasted 20+ years. This is my fourth motorcycle and the biggest by far. I took a rider course to brush up on my skills that I found beneficial. Great to be riding once again!

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's a long break!

Glad you're back!

Post some bike pics.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Welcome from Tulsa!

Skin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome from Nashville TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
welcome aboard Chief, from central NY!

cheers

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Great! I've had a UK licence for 37 years but here in Taiwan I have to wait 12 months after taking the 125cc scooter test before I am allowed to take their mandatory course followed by the test for "heavy motorcycles". Hmmm. I am a guest in their country so like to abide by all the laws and regulations, but where is the logic to this! A 20 year old kid can ride a scooter badly for 12 months and take the test, but I can't! Or a 20 year old can take the car test today and drive a Ferrari tomorrow! Hey ho.

So I too thought I would do an advanced riders course in the meantime, but when I asked about a course they thought I was crazy! "Why would you want to do a course?" The idea of someone actually keen to brush up on skills was anathema to them! Someone's told me of another school that might do a 1/2 day course - I will try them, but then I will have to ride to another city to do it. Oh, and car, scooter and "heavy motorbike" test are all done on a closed riding area, not on the public road, and they had the cheek to tell me theirs was a more stringent test than in UK.

Sorry - gone off on a tangent there - the link in my mind was you, jeffrow46, mentioning that you were doing a course.

Very best wishes from Taiwan.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Great! I've had a UK licence for 37 years but here in Taiwan I have to wait 12 months after taking the 125cc scooter test before I am allowed to take their mandatory course followed by the test for "heavy motorcycles". Hmmm. I am a guest in their country so like to abide by all the laws and regulations, but where is the logic to this! A 20 year old kid can ride a scooter badly for 12 months and take the test, but I can't! Or a 20 year old can take the car test today and drive a Ferrari tomorrow! Hey ho.

So I too thought I would do an advanced riders course in the meantime, but when I asked about a course they thought I was crazy! "Why would you want to do a course?" The idea of someone actually keen to brush up on skills was anathema to them! Someone's told me of another school that might do a 1/2 day course - I will try them, but then I will have to ride to another city to do it. Oh, and car, scooter and "heavy motorbike" test are all done on a closed riding area, not on the public road, and they had the cheek to tell me theirs was a more stringent test than in UK.

Sorry - gone off on a tangent there - the link in my mind was you, jeffrow46, mentioning that you were doing a course.

Very best wishes from Taiwan.
But your UK international driving licence is valid in Taiwan... So yes you can roam around in a scooter to do it legally, but that doesn't stop you from driving or riding due to your international UK driving license that is valid for only 1 year ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
Goodonya mate, from Downunder!
Victory --We Ride!!!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Yes Andre, that's what I am doing. To be legal here one has to take the International Driving Permit to be "certified" I think after 28 days, and then they give a "driving visa".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts