Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use the back off brake flasher on a Vic xct ?
Jim

·
Registered
154 Posts
back off no go

Jim
Back Off brake modulator will NOT work if you have cruise control...was told to wire in a resistor. I tried...still did not work.

Try the Metric/Universal GEN2 Magic Brake Light Flasher from Custom Dynamics. http://www.customdynamics.com/victory_cross_country.htm#Metric/Universal_GEN2_Magic_Brake_Light_Flasher_

I have it installed on my 11 Cross Country. 10 settings to play with. Works great! and was 1/2 the price of the back off to boot!

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mike where did you make the connection and where did you hang the module?
jim

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw those notes but it doesn't help me much. What I asked was WHERE. Did he make the splice. Under the rear fender? I am new to the Vic and don't know where certain connectors are.. Yet. The service manual doesn't give the location of the connectors.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's exactly what I did. thumb up
I believe there are notes in the thread that you referenced as to which wires to splice into.

Its like grey/pink and grey, but not 100% sure so read the thread.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's exactly what I did. thumb up
So just to be clear.....

I was looking for the "flasher box" that goes in line to the brake light wire to cause the brake lights to strobe.

That would be the Custom Dynamics® Gen2 Ultimate Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher™ where I wire it inline with the pink/grey or pink/white wire under the seat. Also required is the load balancer/stabilizer which is basically a resistor from the brake light side to the brake light ground.

Hyperlites looks to be a more involved solution that replaces or adds to the existing lamps already in the brake light assembly.

Am I on to something or on something?

·
Registered
193 Posts
So just to be clear.....

I was looking for the "flasher box" that goes in line to the brake light wire to cause the brake lights to strobe.

That would be the Custom Dynamics® Gen2 Ultimate Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher™ where I wire it inline with the pink/grey or pink/white wire under the seat. Also required is the load balancer/stabilizer which is basically a resistor from the brake light side to the brake light ground.

Hyperlites looks to be a more involved solution that replaces or adds to the existing lamps already in the brake light assembly.

Am I on to something or on something?
The HyperLites add 2 LED clusters that can be mounted anywhere but fit very nicely on the existing blinker stems or on a bracket that goes on the license plate. They act as both running lights and flashing brake lights.

Mine are on the license plate bracket

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jim
Try this one its about $15.00 with shipping from Amazon
Eathtek
GS-100A
Flash is 4 fast 4 slow then on solid
I put mine in the trunk lid if you pull the rubber strip that runs along the top there is a wire loom that goes to the light 3 wires. One is ground one is tail lamp and one is stop lamp.
I attached 2 picks.
Cars stop about 5 ft. futher back now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
In case anyone's interested, I added a CustomLED flasher, like Mike/sgtfixit (mentioned in post #2 in this thread), about four months ago.

I added it such that it messes with the trunk LED array on my '12 XCT. I did a thorough write-up -- wires pics, bolt pics, product links, comments, my own video of it in action, etc. -- on this mod a few months ago, as a page on my web site, here:

http://www.billanddot.com/customled-brake-light-flasher.html

I'm very pleased with the unit, and IMHO the trunk-light height is perfect -- about eye level -- for getting the attention of clueless cagers. Of course, if you don't have a trunk, your wires may vary.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bill, thanks for an excellent write-up. I have a list of things for my next round of updates since I've already blown my accessories budget for September, and this is one I'll do for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts