Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just closed on a 2017 Victory Cross Country, nuclear orange matte paint. Been looking for more than a year to find just the right one. I had a 2006 Victory Kingpin when I lived in Vegas and loved it, but bike insurance in Vegas was over $2,000.00 with a perfect record. I have been boning up on how to maintain a matte paint finish, not too tough. My biggest problem is finding a helmet that fits. I found a 4X and it barely fits, and of course every 4X fits differently. Anyone know where I can get a 5X, three-quarter helmet?

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Congrats on the find and getting back on a Vic. Are there any biker gear outlets in your area that might carry helmets so you don't have to do the back and forth with the shipping of helmets from an online outlet.

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
Congrats! If it doesn't have one, she's going to need one of my unique laydown license brackets. Simply click the link in my signature.

·
Registered
267 Posts
For getting a 5 X helmet you may want to try calling a few of the helmet manufacturers directly to see what they have or can accommodate.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Go to shops and try em on.
Theres that much variations in sizings theyre not even consistent in thier own brands.
Try em till you find one that fits good.
Id never buy a helmet online!
Congrats on coming back to Victory!
Victory- We Ride!!!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Post up pic when
Possible

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I agree with the above go to shops and try them on. Might be a little more difficult doing that now with this Corona thing going on though.
A decent bike shop will have a large cross section of brands and you should be able to find something for a large melon.

You can do the online thing but it can be a hassle. I have bought through RevZilla and had to exchange once to get it right.
Have to get a lot of measuring done before trying that. Even if you measure it might still be wrong. I think exchanges were free and refunds charged restocking fee. It's been a while though so look into it before you try online. Try local first. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts