Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Goldwing and the XC. I ordered the new Kuryakyn seat made by Mustag for the GW. I put the backrest mount on yesterday for the XC and awaiting the backrest. The Mustang backrest will fit the XC driver backrest mount. There is a little movement left to right but it fits. At $165 that is a big savings.
I will remove the seat tomorrow and check it out in more detail. It has better adjustments than the Victory has. It can be adjusted forward or reward by turning a screw.

I will post my findings tomorrow.

dd

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a Goldwing and the XC. I ordered the new Kuryakyn seat made by Mustag for the GW. I put the backrest mount on yesterday for the XC and awaiting the backrest. The Mustang backrest will fit the XC driver backrest mount. There is a little movement left to right but it fits. At $165 that is a big savings.
I will remove the seat tomorrow and check it out in more detail. It has better adjustments than the Victory has. It can be adjusted forward or reward by turning a screw.

I will post my findings tomorrow.

dd
I have been using the mustang backrest from my suzuki on my XC. The only changes I would make would be to have the stem longer, and also the indentions on the stem are not as long as on the vic backrest so you don't have the positive (click) to keep the height where you wanted it. If I had to buy one I would get the vic factory one for those reasons. But since my C 50 Suzuki is just sitting in the garage, I will use that backrest on the vic.:)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After using the mustang backrest for a few days now. It fits me well. I do not think I will need to change the bars now. Since the CC backrest has not yet come in I am unable to compare the 2. With the back rest all the way down works good for me.
It is still a $40 savings.

dd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts