Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since I couldn't find a decent map for my current setup, I bought some cams and autotune. Now I need a baseline map for my autotune.

Setup:
Lloydz air filter
VM1-DR cams from Lloyds
I'll take any slip on muffler map. Should be close enough.
Any timing wheel between stock and 4* advance.

I'll let the autotune do the rest but I'm not wanting to ride the bike with cams and a non - cam map. It runs lean with the current setup so not taking any risks.

·
13,027 Posts
Get a hold of Rylan at The Vic Shop he will help you

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a hold of Rylan at The Vic Shop he will help you
I hate to seem sarcastic but is he the answer to everything? He runs a business. One I've never spent a penny at. I got a map from him once already. That answer kind of ticks me off.

What's the point of a forum if members don't help members? The first thing I'm going to do when I get my map close with autotune is post it here.

If he reads this post and wants to send a map then great but I'd rather not bother him.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Honestly man, chose any map you like it doesn't really matter now that you have the AT as it's going to change. The importance is the AFR's you choose. Heck if you want to you can start with a zero map but it will just take a little longer. I'm always willing to help anyone out here....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Why not just start with the map Rylan sent you and set your AFR tables up, start with 20% adjustments and go from there....

·
13,027 Posts
Rylan is a good guy and is a friend to all Vic riders. He give you the beast information he can with what you tell him.
He tells the truth he only has thousand of hours in tunning Vic's and if he told you something he didn't like its only cause he knows what works great.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll probably have to do that. The point though was on a forum with thousands of members, many with the same setup basically, getting a pretty close map to start. Therefore making the tedious autotune process faster and safer for the bike.

It just ticks me off that almost every post about a map, the first response is "ask Rylan." I'd love to live next door to his shop so I could walk my bike there, pay the bill, and have a great map. But since that's not possible.......

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Well that's the thing with a small amount of maps out there that are available your not going to find a map, so pick one it doesn't matter. The AT is only as tedious as you make it. Set your AFR's up, like stated it doesn't matter what map you upload as it's going to start trimming or adding within a mile of your place so trust me it doesn't matter...

·
13,027 Posts
#1 man for Victory performance is Lloydz
#2 is Rylan. when Lloydz goes to motorcycle events he ask Rylan to come a long and help out.
#3 man would be Kevinx
#4 Kyle KMC power sports

These 4 guys do motor work and performance for a living.
The rest of us are just back yard tryers getting by. When we need help we go to these guys and have learned there the best.

You sound like your just don't want to believe. I think your a fool for not trying what Rylan told you.
Your willing to take some guys map that more then likely he got from Rylan.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I hate to seem sarcastic but is he the answer to everything? He runs a business. One I've never spent a penny at. I got a map from him once already. That answer kind of ticks me off.

What's the point of a forum if members don't help members? The first thing I'm going to do when I get my map close with autotune is post it here.

If he reads this post and wants to send a map then great but I'd rather not bother him.
So you ask for help, get an answer and now you are ticked off at the response.... Man, stop asking for help.

Rylan, Kyle, and Lloyd are some great guys and ARE repeat ARE willing to help riders get their machines running or running better. In a service oriented world it pay them big, BIG dividends to help you out. It is called Good business .

I have ask him for help myself, had Kyle mod and dyno my bike, had many, many long discussion with Lloyds shop. They all were very happy to help. Most of all they are great folks!

Take the suggestion, do take the suggestion. you asked for help and you got answers. Take it or do some research yourself.

·
Registered
848 Posts

QUOTE]

Every bike is different. there is no one tune for all. Please by all means post your final tune, for my money I will talk to the experts and take their advise and maps that have been built on the dyno for customers machines. That is a great starting point for a well kept machine.

But since it is winter spend some time working it out on your own.

Good luck and let know how you make out. The names VJ posted are the go to guys, so yes they are the best place to start.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I was hoping to get help from forum members instead of bothering people at their businesses. Kind of the point of the forum to me.

So never mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts